My New Discus Planted Tank - What do you think ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NatakuTseng

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
They don't require them. ITs more critical to have a BB with Juvi fish just because of the amount of feedings, 4-6 per day they need to have for proper growth. Because of those frequent feedings you should be doing daily water changes. Just simply if you don't want to deal with that, you should buy adults from the start, they're much more forgiving.

NatakuTseng

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
No, Good quality discus aren't cheap, I won't make any bones about it, thats why you really need to do the research and do things right. Its not uncommon to see 3" fish that are imported over from the top breeders to go for over $200 for a single fish. A friend of mine is now importing and distributing Wayne Ng's discus, his Spotted Eurptions just took grand champion in a couple shows in Europe, the offspring of those fish are going for $175 for a 2.5inch discus.

Last edited:

africamonk

AC Members
May 9, 2005
guess its time to start saving for them ... as i'm still trying to recover from the cost of the setup ........

africamonk

AC Members
May 9, 2005
the water has cleared up considerably .... should be crystal clear after i put the plants and the cleaning crew in .... LETS HOPE ! ..... :D

will def post more pics as this goes .......

africamonk

AC Members
May 9, 2005
got the plants in today from aquariumplants.com ....

will post pics and updates later tonight or tomorrow .......

africamonk

AC Members
May 9, 2005
def will do that .... the corys and plecos first, then the cardinals, and then the discus?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store