My New Discus Planted Tank - What do you think ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NatakuTseng

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
Jan 3, 2004
Vermont
cichliddomain.com
Like Puma said, several large water changes over the next few weeks will really clear things up. Its probably the flourite causing the turbidity. Also think about just throwing a larger HOB filter on stuffed with filter wool, it will help take that stuff out of the water along with the WCs.

africamonk

AC Members
May 9, 2005

heres 4 more pics, taken with my camera phone ..... the water is now crystal clear ......

fish currently in tank -

15x Cardinal Tetras
4x Albino Cories
4x Hi Fin Cories
1x Betta
4x Golden Blue Rams
3x Otos
1x Gold Nugget Pleco

Mookka

Fish Addict = poor man
Apr 4, 2005
Nice

NICE JOB!!!!,

I'm not a discus keeper or anything but discus or not thats a great setup! I noticed nak said if u dont have time for water changes you should start with an adult, so i was wondering how frequently the adults must be changed?

africamonk

AC Members
May 9, 2005
THX ! :dance2: for the juvis, i've read that peeps change the water from 50 - 70 % daily ..... for the adult discus .... you can cut it down to about 30% every other day or so ..... i'm currently doing 5- 10 % daily water changes .... even tho i have no discus in there! ..... i'm doing this, so i can get the other fish used to the water changes ... so when i do get the discus .... they would feel like its normal .....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store