Need some guidance with Neo. Brichardi/Pulcher Plz

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I find that I can sex adult brichardis and related species pretty reliably by head shape. While it's nowhere near as pronounced as a Frontosa males do develop a nuchal hump. It's a subtle difference, but short of catching and venting a fish it's the best way ime. Fins and markings don't work at all with these species.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Try New Life Spectrum aka NLS with garlic flakes they may take this also try to feed some NLS pellets try 1mm and see if they hit that as they get a little bigger feed 2mm NLS pellet

vai1296

AC Members
Jun 14, 2010
Thanks alot guys, i think the "hump" check worked out, because the one that is bossy has the hump and the other pulcher which is being picked on also has a tiny bit of a hump on its head. Pittbull would you happen to know where i can find that brand of food? I know for a fact that none of the pet shops near me have them.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
What part of the world are you in i could sell you some if needed i have NLS 1mm pellet and NLS freshwater flake and could get you NLS flake with garlic.. If none is local you will need to order off line but be careful some folk sell it really expensive i could hook you up for being a AC member.. About 100g jar of each at $4.50 each plus an extra something i can throw in and around $4 on shipping PM me if your interested..

Try to find it local if you can usually 100g goes for about 8 to 10 dollars and the bigger ones like 300g go for like 20 to 25 bucks..

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Hey Bean sorry if i sound like a broken record but the Guys up in Indy ICC sell NLS pretty cheap by the pound or by the bucket and is where i get mine from anywhere else either on line or store will be sorta expensive unless you buy a small jar of it..

vai1296

AC Members
Jun 14, 2010
Thanks a bunch Pittbull...I live in North Bergen, New Jersey. There is a pet shop about an hour away from where I live they might have it, so I'll check there if not then I will def. let you know.

BEANC0UNTER

AC Members
Jun 21, 2010
No problem Pittbull. I have been over there and see Sway has some fish. I will make a post about it. Thanks for the advice.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
I feed the dwarf tanks a varied diet as I do all my fish. NLS is undoubtedly good food, but I don't feed it exclusively. I also feed frozen brine, frozen bloodworms, frozen mosquito larvae, live black worms, flake and tetra color bit. I try to vary the different foods throughout the week so they get a little of everything. I feed once daily and fast all of them one day a week.

Mark

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store