New 29g Build Log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

baggage

baggage
Feb 28, 2008
calgary ab. canada
for your cave try useing natural river rock siliconed together looks good when you take time and lay it out fortunatly for me living close to rockies i get slate and river rock in abundance then i boil it to remove impurities this works well

WinnipegDragon

AC Members
Apr 9, 2007
Well it took a lot of rinsing, moving, pouring and filling, but we officially got the tank wet tonight.

I'll get a head start on a fishless cycle using a filter pad from my Eclipse 5g, and once the plants get here, I'll drain about 70% of the water, fill it up, and get the fishies in there.

I'm really tired now. I go bed.

WinnipegDragon

AC Members
Apr 9, 2007
Yup :)

They are mostly gone as of this morning.

WinnipegDragon

AC Members
Apr 9, 2007
Hmm, this morning I noticed something concerning.

There is a very small 'gouge' in the front glass panel of the tank. It must have happened yesterday or the day before. It's tiny, less than the width of my pinky fingernail, and not very deep (it catches your fingernail but it has no discernable depth).

I'm not sure if I should be worried about this or not...

chaibill

AC Members
Apr 28, 2006
Long Island NY USA
How do you get the plants to grow on the wood. I have seen them for sale at the LFS but wonder how you do it . I assume it is only certain plants. Are there any aquatic orchids?

Last edited:

chaibill

AC Members
Apr 28, 2006
Long Island NY USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
i dunno thats just the first thing that poops into my head

I just wanted to point out that this is an awesome typo :)
That is awesome. nice tank. I bet you could have used a terracotta pot as a mold for the cave too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store