Opinions of BP

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of BP (fish-wise, I love the show "Boston Public"), but I can't get into a lot of man-made malformity issues, unless they are obviously detrimental to the health of the fish, like a malformed swim bladder. (I own a Betta, so I can't really talk about "adjusted" fins.)

I guess people keep them, though, so if they know what they're buying, I can't really stop them from buying BPs. It's not like boycotting each and every store that sells them is an option--I could scarcely shop at LFS in the U.S.

Sorry, I'll cut back on the booze. It's not too healthy, anyway, I'm afraid. :D

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
And yet I forgot the most agonizingly annoying thing about that particular fish. That color isn't "natural" for a BP, is it?

Missed the forest for the trees, because dyeing fish is probably my number one pet peeve. That fish won't stay those colors for too long, so the unknowing person who buys it will get a likely-unhealthy, sterile, and soon-to-be-uncolored fish.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
You also forgot to mention the fact that its missing something what could it be ummmmmmm an tail. One its a hybrid to it has been dyed three it has no tail for it cant close its mouth five it could bearly swim six it has a messed up swimming bladder must I continue to let you know how much I hate this fish???

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
I didn't see the tail as there were too many other things to see. I guess that particular fish has a few too many problems.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Hey, I don't hate the fish. I would rescue them for free so as to give them a good retirement home. I wish people would stop creating them, though. As long as they do, I will continue to point out the mistakes made in creating these hybrids.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Well I hate them for the reason there hybrids I see what your saying Kswiss and thats true but I dont know dont like them I wouldnt give them a retirement home either I dont got the tank space. Nah there cool just be better if they werent man made.

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
This thread's got another 5 posts until it takes off into a full blown argument...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store