PBJ anyone?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
I do like PB&J, but I like the fresh ground stuff that isn't smooth and isn't crunchy. I like texture but don't want the huge chunks that are in what they call crunchy.

whole wheat bread and an all fruit spread makes a nice meal when you don't want to cook. :)

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
cyberbeer65 said:
anyone remember Goober Grape? it was peanut butter w/grape jelly in the same jar.
I sure do! I used to get it when I was in college...only one jar to buy!!

aknif

...maybe the Dingo ate your baby!!
Dec 27, 2004
Denver, CO
budrecki said:
and *gasp* butter. UMMMMMM
Oh yea! Just took them on our family hiking excursion yesterday! Oroweat Oatnut bread, extra crunchy Jif on one piece, butter on the other and then any kind of jam in the middle. Strawberry, raspberry, apricot, grape... whatever.

I also like PB on Banana slices and PB and Honey sandwiches, too!

:)

Larissa

Katherine Hope
Jun 9, 2005
brenham, tx
I've heard of people adding butter to their PB&J but I've never eaten it that way. I do eat PB and syrup too. I've gotten my six year old hooked on that one.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
check out the current Bon appetit--it includes an awesome update on the classic--grilled PB&J, smores style. Last month had a grilled chocoalte and peanut butter banana sandwich that was divine.

My personal favorite it toasted wheat bread with a smear of creamy PB (fresh ground at Whole Foods, less oil, creamier than the other 'natural' stuff, no sugar or salt) and cheddar cheese, lightly melted. Awesome!

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
My father always would put butter on the bread first, before the PB and J...he said it kept everythign from soaking all into the bread and getting soggy when he had to pack one up for work. I have never tried that myself though.

YoFishboy

I'll sleep when I'm dead...
Feb 16, 2005
Wonder Bread - be the first one to open the bread to get the freshest slices, mid-loaf - that's important - Jif creamy PB - I go triple decker bread - a berry jam and apricot jam - double PB of course - large glass of ICE COLD WHOLE MILK - do it right.... :sim:

patoloco

De seguro no sabes lo que dice aqu
Oct 20, 2005
Costa Rica
wetpatoloco.tripod.com
Can't believe I'm gonna be the first (and probably) Peanut Butter hater in this forum.

It's not a regular in my house, or even in my mom's. Whenever I get a jar, I eat a few, and then it gets stuck in the top of the mouth and my troath gets like dry.

Then, the small jar is left in the fridge until its expire date. After several months, I forget the lesson and go and buy another jar...

test4echo

Registered Seabeast
Jan 14, 2006
odiechef said:
PB&J, strawberry jam, is great...other jellies/jams are good...but the real stuff is PB and honey with a banana on the side....one bite sandwich, one bite banana.
Yuuummmmy!

w/ or w/o the banana I have 4 to 5 a week at work.

btw...crunchy all the way
I hear ya! My mom used to always pack me PB and honey sandwiches for school everyday when I was younger.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store