planting?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
cool i cant w8 to get this thing finished planting
few more anubias nana and another baby tears, creeping fig, mabey some moss, and the water lettuce and im done:headbang2:

mr.key

circumambulator
Dec 30, 2007
I was going to suggest some miniature orchids (most will flower and colonize) java fern and moss will also grow on in and out of the water. Most of the swords can grow emersed as can hygros. Stonecrop is also a nice plant high in the tank where it can be dry.

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
where do you suggest that i get miniature orchids from ... or the stone crop?
can java moss be trained not to be stringy and to stay more moss like?, b/c all of the java moss that i ever saw was stringy and not very moss like.

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
im gunna have to get some shrimp for my FL pauldarium. ghost shrimp are all over here, tho chinese water dragons arnt. i guess its only FL in the water. great job tho

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
oh

"where do you suggest that i get miniature orchids from ... or the stone crop?
can java moss be trained not to be stringy and to stay more moss like?, b/c all of the java moss that i ever saw was stringy and not very moss like."
????

Notophthalmus

I put the 'snork' in 'snorkeling'!
Mar 4, 2008
Tennessee
There are lots of miniature orchid suppliers; just google "miniature orchid". If you live in the eastern US you can easily collect some stonecrop (Sedum) outdoors; look along wooded streams and moist bluffs; it often grows on mossy stone outcrops and tree trunks. You can probably get it from local or online nurseries too; be sure to get one of the small species such as S. ternatum, S. pulchellum, S. album, S. kamtschaticum, S. spurium, or S. acre, and not a big sedum like 'Autumn Joy'.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store