Ramming

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
If you can give us the short name of the fish that will help also. Please add punctuation and capitalization to make your post easier to read.

aquaman1013

AC Members
Nov 14, 2008
New york
One tetra

second tetra

NEW FISH

TANK

This maybe stupid question but what if I take out the two mollies that are showing the sign of ich and put them in another tank will that get rid of the disease?

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
...This maybe stupid question but what if I take out the two mollies that are showing the sign of ich and put them in another tank will that get rid of the disease?
The new fish is a rainbow of some sort. I'm blanking on the first one right now.

No, this will not get rid of the disease. It's in the tank, on the fish, and in the gravel. Read the post by jpappy. The malachite green ich medicine is toxic to your shrimp and may be bad for the "catfish" as well, so they need to be out of the tank if you go that route.

aquaman1013

AC Members
Nov 14, 2008
New york
I read that.I have the ich medicine will not use OK. NOW as far as the table salt, I will do that NOW But do I leave all filters running with carbon and all pads whatever? I have never treated ich any other way then with the medicine that makes the tank blue

I already have a air stone been in the tank and I use a fluval 405 if that helps

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
Keep the filter running. I've never done the salt treatment myself, but I imagine that keeping the carbon in is fine. Hopefully someone who knows that for sure can clarify.

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
I had an ick outbreak when I didn't QT my rams when I bought them. Its awful to get rid of. Jungle make an ick product that is okay for scaleless fish and is safe for shrimp and does not turn your tank blue/green. It is called Ick Guard II. It worked okay for me and got rid of the ick. It is a lengthy cure though cuz its (the ick) is all in your tank. I hate ick......

I forgot--the first two...those are not tetras, more like ciclids. The new one is a Rainbow.

bluerat

im a girl ... not a dude
Oct 7, 2006
hampshire, uk
1st one is a kribensis

brentling

AC Members
Aug 1, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
1 Kribensis (Pelvicachromis pulcher), 2 Ram (Microgeophagus ramirezi), 3 Boesemani rainbow (Melanotaenia boesemani).

The rams and kribensis would be happiest in pairs. The rainbow needs to be in a group with several others...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store