Red Cherry Shrimp 101-The Basics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bitbot

AC Members
Nov 10, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Great tutorial.
A little more help on how much to feed RCS would be helpful - I am a bit at a loss with this, since they eat so much slower than fish, and graze almost constantly.

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
Great tutorial.
A little more help on how much to feed RCS would be helpful - I am a bit at a loss with this, since they eat so much slower than fish, and graze almost constantly.
I just see how long it takes them to eat. Now with about 200 shrimp they eat everything i drop it the tank. I usually feed them every day, but in the beginning, i fed them every other day. I usually mix it up, shrimp pellets, algae flakes, and even cichlid pellets. they eat nearly anything.

Thanks for info. Well presented.
hey thanks man!

yhbae

AC Members
Aug 5, 2003
Canada
www.aqadvisor.com
Do you need to keep the tank top tight? i.e. are they good at escaping from the tank if you have any narrow spaces? I'm talking about spaces around heater wires as an example.

Wycco

Eat more pine trees
Apr 19, 2009
34^N 81^W
Real Name
Kim Jong Il
Okay, I got my RCS in saltwater. Will they breed in water that is sg 1.025 and a PH of 8.0...?
They're tolerant of salt? I knew a lot of f/w shrimp were didn't realise RCS were.

Interesting... I assume you have to aclimatise them slowly. They should be fine for a brackish tank too then I assume.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store