SE ASIAN BIOTOPE YEEEEEAAAAH ZAGGIN!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
I just looked at the time frame between your 2 last posts, and feel to ask. In 9 days space you have not totally finnished turning the tank brackish, why the wait? How big is this tank?

MudskipperFan

AC Members
Aug 5, 2008
no
Real Name
nah
I just looked at the time frame between your 2 last posts, and feel to ask. In 9 days space you have not totally finnished turning the tank brackish, why the wait? How big is this tank?
20 gallons. I forgot to acclimate today.

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
just my thoughts

since the tank is only 20g you should have already gotten it to the acclimation point it needs to be and should be in the process of regular waterchanges.

what is your formula for creating water to replace what would be taken out by a waterchange?

MudskipperFan

AC Members
Aug 5, 2008
no
Real Name
nah
Acclimated yesterday. Added 5 gallons of water that was 1.003 to the 20 gallon during a w/c

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
I would recommend you up your salinity to at least 1.005 and that would be even on the low side in my thoughts. Though I would do it .001 at a weeks time till you get it higher then I would create a recipe that is precise so you come up with the same result all the time for the replacement water.

What I meant by a recipe is something like this.

Personally I run my brackish a bit higher, I have dragon gobie, bumble bee goby and knight goby in it, when I do my water change I add 3/4 lb of salt to a 5g pail then I add 1/3 hot water and use a hand mixer to make sure all salt is dissolved then I managed the cold to get the temp of the new water to match the tank temp. I also use prime to remove bad stuff in the water. I do about a 35% change out on my brackish every 2 weeks or so.

here is a link to a site on mudskippers for you

http://homepage.mac.com/nmonks/Projects/FAQ/5c.html

MudskipperFan

AC Members
Aug 5, 2008
no
Real Name
nah
I would recommend you up your salinity to at least 1.005 and that would be even on the low side in my thoughts. Though I would do it .001 at a weeks time till you get it higher then I would create a recipe that is precise so you come up with the same result all the time for the replacement water.

What I meant by a recipe is something like this.

Personally I run my brackish a bit higher, I have dragon gobie, bumble bee goby and knight goby in it, when I do my water change I add 3/4 lb of salt to a 5g pail then I add 1/3 hot water and use a hand mixer to make sure all salt is dissolved then I managed the cold to get the temp of the new water to match the tank temp. I also use prime to remove bad stuff in the water. I do about a 35% change out on my brackish every 2 weeks or so.

here is a link to a site on mudskippers for you

http://homepage.mac.com/nmonks/Projects/FAQ/5c.html
That is exactly what I will do. I'm raising it to 1.005 or eventually 1.010 if I want.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Don't waste your $alt. F8s have been proven to do best at 1.005.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store