tank suggestions?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
Alright two ghost shrimp a betta and the two guppies ( who are four months old) that's every pet I have and everyone is in the ten gallon. Not a very big list lol

H2Ogal

Betta Be Good to Me
Mar 16, 2010
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Deborah
Alright two ghost shrimp a betta and the two guppies ( who are four months old) that's every pet I have and everyone is in the ten gallon. Not a very big list lol
I think that's plenty for a 10g to start. As blue2frye said, you're liable to be down two shrimp pretty soon after the betta figures out that they're edible. I say just give the tank some time to establish — and yourself some time to get into the aquarium-maintenance groove. You've got college to focus on, after all, and you may find your schedule becoming more hectic and demanding as times goes by.

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I'm not arguing with you the tank needs to establish and I'm pretty much in a pattern with the tank but i may change the pattern once I get there.

The guppies were born in my tank. So i seperated them then all the others started dying off ( you know how they care for the poor little feeders :( ) So now I just have the two of them.

Its funny though cuz Tatsu will see a guppy or shrimp straight in front of him chase it for less than a second then lose interest and swim away lol.

If all goes well maybe I can buy me a couple ADF's for christmas?

Oh and my friend told me the water is super heavy with chlorine. If I just add extra water conditioner into the water before I put it back in the tank when I do water changes will it be ok?

Last edited:

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Well you have shown that no matter what everyone says you will do what you want so I wish you the best of luck.

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
ok then ... What have i done thats against everyone? get two ghost shrimp to clean the tank? I dont know what i did ballyhoo

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
It seems you're looking for approval in every thread query you've started, and get defensive when someone disagrees with you. Although you now agree to stick with what you have, you're also already looking at getting the ADFs, which obviously you really want. Slow down, this is a pivotal point in your life... A lot of new things are coming your way.

I hope that you do well in school and also keep up a good maintenance schedule for your tank. Good luck.

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I will wait on the ADF's :) I'll see how he does with everyone then decide. I have done tons of research on them... My friend accidentally killed mine while I was on vacation :( I miss them so much. But for the sake of my fish I will wait :)

But what about schools water ... Should I worry?

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
Test the water from the tap you will be using

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
ok ... but the tests will not show how much chlorine it has ... if its high in chlorine do i just add a little extra water conditioner

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store