tank suggestions?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
You should be able to add the same amount of Prime ( if your not using prime already I suggest you invest in a bottle, it's REALLY good stuff and lasts a long time) no matter what your tap levels are, I do suggest testing ph though..that's always good to know.

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
And is i get ADF's I wouldnt mind hand feeding them :) though tatsu is not shy of my hand at all lol but it'll be cute to hand feed them ... What are good things to try?

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
May be the same, but I believe an Amquel Plus dosage requires double the amount versus Prime. Doesn't seem cost effective.

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
amquel plus has twice the size bottle i believe so its just as cost effective. And you dont use it forever so i'm not worried about it :)

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Prime has large bottles, too. But anyway... Just be careful about adding too much dechlor as I believe it will lower the oxygen available in the water. Bettas will be okay, but may not be good for shrimps & guppies.

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
amquel plus has twice the size bottle i believe so its just as cost effective. And you dont use it forever so i'm not worried about it :)

I'm confused as to why you don't need to use it forever? You are always going to need to dechlor & prep your water with a conditioner.....

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
No I use another water conditioner I just use amquel plus as a detoxifier that's why I wouldn't need to use it forever

I use tetra aquasafe with the bio stuff ... ( dont have it in front of me) but its a good water conditioner and includes a stress coat

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store