test kit $$$

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Marxman187

AC Members
Feb 13, 2008
well they are still babys and i understand i shouldnt have them in ther i plan on getting them their own tank in a month or so but until then what do you suggest just alot of water changes? how often what %?anything else i can do that wont cost a fortune?

krytan

Sep 2, 2007
Norwich, England
Real Name
Wayne
How big are the oscar and jd.

I would also suggest daily water changes until the oscar and jd can be moved to a bigger tank.

krytan

Sep 2, 2007
Norwich, England
Real Name
Wayne
Iv'e just noticed you have a pleco in your tank as well. Most pleco's will grow to big for 29g and have a high bio load.

As i mentioned before i think large daily water changes are going to be needed

Marxman187

AC Members
Feb 13, 2008
Iv'e just noticed you have a pleco in your tank as well. Most pleco's will grow to big for 29g and have a high bio load.

As i mentioned before i think large daily water changes are going to be needed
ok so far you have had some of the best answers ive gotten today thanks. the jd and oscar are about2 1/2-3 inches and the pleco is already way to big about 11 inches i already tried to give him to the lfs but i cant get him out he ripped my net and just ran around the tank splashing and scaring all the other fish to death.i found out the hard way that he actually has some kind of defense mechanism when i thought i got bit turns out he has some kind of barbs so i dont know what to do about him.i have no problem doing water changes daily but do you think so often will be stressful?how much should i do each day?how much time do you think this will buy me to get a new tank?

Marxman187

AC Members
Feb 13, 2008
ok i finally uploaded a short clip of my jd unusually behavior but it has been worse like twitchin in mid swim rubbing agaist everything and swimming diferently but no signs of ick or color difference not sure if this is amonia or early signof parasites or disease but check it out for yourself and let me know what you think

http://www.vidiLife.com/video_play_1139868_jtr.htm?tc=1091955

if you have trouble viewing this please let me know
sorry about the quality it was taken on my phone

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store