The start of my fish room, woot!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Navyscuba

The Fish Envy
Jul 5, 2009
Bartlett,TN
www.thefishenvy.com
Real Name
Angel Rivera
I'm actually looking on buying one of these and I have seen the blowers and the Alitas pumps that Kenfish sells in action and is depending on howmany tanks are you using air on and how deep. My choice is the blowers. You can use a main 2" pvc line and hook all your lines there with individual regulating valves. Far more expensive but works like a champ. The Pondmaster that you linked should power around 50 or so tanks according to my conversions.

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
the first one says it for 12 outlets when you do a google search for it. The second one I have used to run about 6-10 small tanks.

the nice thing about the jehmco that I linked to is that its indoor/outdoor. You could build a box outside to run the air through the wall so that there is less noise in your fishroom.

I think the two you linked to are too small for your applications.
Thanks much Rachel for the help with those.

Any thoughts on the EcoPlus Commercial Air Pumps? The EcoPlus Commercial Air 1, says it'll run up to 40 outlets. And the EcoPlus Commercial Air 3, will run 70 outlets..

Anyone have any experience with these types?

Or what about the Medo LA-28 Air Pump, says will provide air for 20-30 outlets? Any thoughts on that brand?

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
I'm actually looking on buying one of these and I have seen the blowers and the Alitas pumps that Kenfish sells in action and is depending on howmany tanks are you using air on and how deep. My choice is the blowers. You can use a main 2" pvc line and hook all your lines there with individual regulating valves. Far more expensive but works like a champ. The Pondmaster that you linked should power around 50 or so tanks according to my conversions.
I've seen the pondmaster in with someones fish room when I was doing some searching but I couldn't find anything about how many tanks it would run. I think they said they had around 80 filters running on it.. I need to find that thread again..

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
I just found the thread, he has the ap 100,

He said "100 outlets running 85 sponge filters and there is plenty left in the pump for more outlets I would say I am at 50% of what the pump could handle."

here is the thread... http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?79422-CENTRAL-AIR-PUMP/page2

So I was thinking if he has the ap 100 and running that many that the ap 40 would be ok for me. I plan to bleed off air as well.

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
Central air pump order and got it this passed Friday, along with 300 feet of air tubing.. Went last night and got the rest of the trim and we plan to put it up today and then my display unit. Also picked up one of the shelving units to start as well. Hopefully I'll have some pictures up a little later. Shouldn't take to long to do the trim work..

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
How cold does it get at it's coldest in the winter where you live? I have read the whole thread here and love the "git 'er done" vibe going on here. I do have some thoughts about the project but they wont help at this point since the job is nearly complete. If it were my fishroom I'd have to find a place for my guitars and amp.

Q

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
How cold does it get at it's coldest in the winter where you live? I have read the whole thread here and love the "git 'er done" vibe going on here. I do have some thoughts about the project but they wont help at this point since the job is nearly complete. If it were my fishroom I'd have to find a place for my guitars and amp.

Q
It can get cold here, just as depends what mother nature wants to do. It hardly gets below 0, and normal winters are in the teens and twenties.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store