The start of my fish room, woot!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
Had a leak at one of the O rings on my display unit, took it down and replaced all the O rings and now no leak. The hubby has built one shelving unit and I'll try to get a pic soon.

I also manged to buy up 5 more 55g set ups and a 220g set up from a local lady that is becoming to ill to care for her tanks. Paying 600 for all of it. Going to be getting it this weekend. I plan to keep the 220g for my home and the rest I'll sale or use in the shop. Some tanks do have fish, and I need to find someone that has some knowledge of koi fishes.. Anyone know of someone that can help me out with the value of the butterfly koi I'll be getting from her. She has some nice looking koi and I've been reading up on how to value them. But would love to find someone else that is much more knowledgeable in this area.

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
I would recommend finding your local koi society and seeing if anyone can come out and examine them for you. Koi really have to be seen to judge their value. In the case of butterfly koi these are really a western creation and have little to no value to serious collectors of koi who pay the big bucks for them.

Only the short finned natural types are entered in shows and the color and body shape need to be pristine for them to have any value.

Andy

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
Some photos of the fish I picked up last night from a local lady unable to care for her tanks. And going tomorrow to pick up the 4 55gs and the 220g and the supplies.

Found a guy to help me out with the kois too. Don't worry the kois are not all in the same tank, I have them divided between 3. But I'm hoping I won't have them too long after I hear back from my guy.

IMG_1224.jpgIMG_1193.jpgIMG_1215.jpgIMG_1232.jpgIMG_1204.jpgIMG_1207.jpgIMG_1178.jpgIMG_1195.jpgIMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg IMG_1193.jpg IMG_1215.jpg IMG_1232.jpg IMG_1204.jpg IMG_1207.jpg IMG_1178.jpg IMG_1195.jpg IMG_1174.jpg

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
She has some nice ones. There is one that is an armor scaled koi.. I've been thinking of keeping him just for myself. He's the one in the 2 pic. I may even redo my small pond, and make it bigger for some koi.

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
Been selling to the locals here. Not to much new. Been repairing tanks. Hoping to get the rest of my stands built so that I can place my first order after the holidays.

If you like look me up on FB, my page is called Shandy's Aqua Pets.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
The armour scale koi is really cool! Never saw them before, but I'm not really a koi person, my husband won't let me turn our pool into a koi pond, lol.

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
The armour scale koi is really cool! Never saw them before, but I'm not really a koi person, my husband won't let me turn our pool into a koi pond, lol.

Yeah I never saw one of those either. Didn't know what it was called until I got up with the koi guy in Louisville. I'm thinking of redoing my pond again so I can place some of the koi in it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store