Things customers told you that you knew weren't true

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
LOL, nice thread. The LFS employee bashing threads are a dime a dozen, but this is interesting! ;)

I once had a customer come in to the shop and ask to have his water tested (the shop tests with an API kit). I ran the usual tests, and when the results showed that the tank was not fully cycled, I advised him to hold off on adding any more cichlids. Apparently that wasn't what he wanted to hear, because he asked me to go get the shop owner to run the test again... like my boss would hire someone that didn't know how to use a test kit!!!

The boss ran the tests again and of course got the same results. A die-hard salty, he ended up telling the guy that I knew more about FW tanks than he does. He trusted my test results next time. LOL

dino_eel

AC Members
Oct 21, 2005
Had a customer freak out when i mentioned that he really should start doing water changes to his 55gal, "Thats going to cost me a fortune!!!"

deeleywoman

All men are equal before fish.
Mar 9, 2009
Newport News, VA
www.etsy.com
Had a customer freak out when i mentioned that he really should start doing water changes to his 55gal, "Thats going to cost me a fortune!!!"
LMFAO

these are great.

katschamne

AC Members
Feb 3, 2008
Geneva, IL
Let's see I want 6 neons for my one gallon tank that I just got a garage sale, that's okay if the fish die, they are only fish, it's only money,

I've kept goldfish for 30 years. Me "what size tank is it" oh it's a bowl. Me " what is the longest time you've had a fish" 2 years but that's fine with me.

Can I put a Nemo fish in this bowl?

I have a really big tank and points to a 10 gallon tank to put 2 Oscars in.

When was the last time you did a water change...Oh I add water in every week because the water level is down about an inch

What do you mean a water change

When I do a water change I take all the water out and clean the gravel in the sink, I don't know why my fish keep dieing when I do a water change

What's algae

Can I have the shark. You know that they get to 36" oh that's okay I have a 10 gallon tank.

I'll get a new tank when it out grows that one.

That's all I can think of right now. Really like this thread. It gives people who work in the industry a place to vent.

FastFly67

AC Members
Sep 18, 2008
SC
she had to get all the algae out of her tank ASAP because it was suffocating her fish by taking all the oxygen out of the water

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store