Things customers told you that you knew weren't true

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
Too tired right now and the list is so long i will type it up and cut and paste....

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
I had a woman insist that her PH was 7 cause the water in her tank was green
took me a while to figure that one out lol... I think she must have been looking at the color on the test strip or something, and assumed that it meant water color not strip color

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
I once saw a guy at petsmart complaining to the worker that he was tired of "moving his fish to the 10 gallon every time he feeds them"

I approached him and asked him why he would do such a thing

he replies..

"I have to net them all and move them from my 90g to my 10g because when I put food in the 90g, the pleco eats it before the fish can get it"

I dont really even know what to say to a comment like this... it doesnt make sense in so many ways

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
whats wrong with putting a plastic eel in a feeder tank? I think thats kinda funny... not like the goldfish are gonna care lol

krytan

Sep 2, 2007
Norwich, England
Real Name
Wayne
Haha, this thread is great.
I don't think i could work in an lfs, i wouldn't have the patience to to deal with customers like that.
It must be really hard to work in a lfs and hear from all these people who aren't looking after their fish properly and knowing that their is nothing you can do about it.

PopPopsfish

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
PA
Great Idea/ Thread!! MG

We thought we heard it all until a customer kept loosing fish and could not figure out why? I went to the customers house to see how they were maintaining their system. It took me a whole 3min to figure it out. Customer was using straight tap water no de chlor and they said they forgot that the had turned their boiler up so the water was 100 degrees plus . Now this person was a so called Discus and Angel Breeder for years .

Some People do not understand the amount of time and money that goes in to Breeding and raising quality fish , some are always looking to get the cheapest possible fish but want the best quality for a fraction of the price. ( I do not understand?)

I am starting to get pi$$ed so I will stop for now and resume later :devil:

Oh yea!!! Why do people insist in opening the lids on the tanks, and putting their fingers in the water. I just bought a tazer and posted a sign that if you dare to open any lids you will be Tazed by management !!!!!!!!

eveliens

AC Members
Mar 5, 2005
NWA, USA
hubpages.com
Thought of a couple more:

"My tank is [white] cloudy because of algae. I need a sucker fish to clear it up."
Oh, well, how about this: "I need a sucker fish/scum sucker/sucky fish because ____. We had one of those before and it got HUGE *holds fingers up at about 4-5"* but then it died."
One lady tied a real plant to her fake plant. Why? I do not know but needless to say, the plant died.

My favorite is the "regulars." The customers who come in and loiter, either talking to me and impeding whatever I was doing or talking to the customers I'm serving. I don't mind people sharing, but when they tell people things that are not true, it bothers me. I've gleefully offended them a few times.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store