Two fantail goldfish separated due to chasing

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SANDYBOTTOM

AC Members
Oct 16, 2012
Minnesota
Real Name
Lynn
yes,keep using the salt,it helps with gill function,slime coat and is an anti parasitic treatment.remember to only add as much as you remove.hopefully the maracyn2 will clear this up.is he still eating and swimming normally,or is he listless and bottom sitting?

petallamb

AC Members
Feb 28, 2014
He is listless and bottom sitting, not eating. I feel so bad for him. Periodically, he swims around and looks a bit better. I will add salt to his quarantine, dissolved and a bit at a time. I don't want to stress him worse. I dug out my daughter's pink mermaid marina tank which was there first home. It would make a larger quarantine and I could put him in when I would normally do his water change. I could put maracyn 2 and salt beforehand. What do you think? I did a large water change on the 29 gal and will repeat tomorrow or the next day to remove the other medicine. You can't imagine how grateful I am for your help.

SANDYBOTTOM

AC Members
Oct 16, 2012
Minnesota
Real Name
Lynn
a bigger quarantine would be better.make sure the temperature is the same.add the airstone.keep the lights off in the tank,maracyn is effected by light.since he is not eating,i would not try to feed him until he shows improvement.it takes a couple of weeks to a month for fish to starve,so do not feel bad.he will give you clues to when he is hungry.is there any way to post a picture of him?

petallamb

AC Members
Feb 28, 2014
He is in the larger quarantine. He was not happy with the moves but settled in after a few minutes. He is definitely swimming more . I fed him early this am, before I read your post and when I got back a couple of hours later, the food was gone. So I tried giving him one flake and he ate it. He is not bottom sitting as much, either. He really seems happier with the new quarantine. I misplaced the usb cord for my camera but my 14yr old son can take one for me with his ps vita. Gotta run.

petallamb

AC Members
Feb 28, 2014
He is in the larger quarantine. He was not happy with the moves but settled in after a few minutes. He is definitely swimming more . I fed him early this am, before I read your post and when I got back a couple of hours later, the food was gone. So I tried giving him one flake and he ate it. He is not bottom sitting as much, either. He really seems happier with the new quarantine. I misplaced the usb cord for my camera but my 14yr old son can take one for me with his ps vita. Spots septecemia.jpg

Spots septecemia.jpg

petallamb

AC Members
Feb 28, 2014
Sandybottom, Spots is swimming well, breathing better and he asked for food. I did a light feed and he ate right away. Do you think he is 'out of the woods'? The difference is amazing. He grazing for food on the bottom of the tank.:clap: (sorry about the double post, I've been running my feet off all day)

SANDYBOTTOM

AC Members
Oct 16, 2012
Minnesota
Real Name
Lynn
keep him on a full treatment for a few days.i am glad he is doing better.keep feeding lightly and doing water changes.also keep the salt in for a few more days.

petallamb

AC Members
Feb 28, 2014
Thank you so very much! You saved Spots life. I have learned a bit and will keep learning as I want to be able to take care of Spots and Goldie- named by my daughter when she was just 7. I will continue as directed for the next few days. I would like to check back with you when it's time to return him to the 29 gal. if that's okay. Thank you!:D

SANDYBOTTOM

AC Members
Oct 16, 2012
Minnesota
Real Name
Lynn
you are very welcome.i am so glad that i could help.remember that regular water changes are the best medicine.in a 29 i would do minimum 75% water change weekly along with gravel vacs.rinse filter media in dechlorinated water or old tank water once every 2 weeks or more.good job taking care of him while he was sick.and thank you for never giving up on him.goldfish are one of my favorite things in this world,and it warms my heart when people give them the love and care they need.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store