US percption of Scotland

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ms.Bubbles

AC Members
Sep 26, 2005
I can't believe no one mentioned Fat ******* from Austin Powers.
I did mention FB, way back on page 1!!!!

Other Scottish things I love: haggis, blood pudding (yep, that's right!), shortbread, oat cakes, Sean Connery's James Bond, The Proclaimers, Billy Connelly, Edinburgh rock candy, Irn-brew (a drink, supposedly a cure for hangovers), Oor Wullie (a cute comic):thumbsup:

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
OOps, sorry Bubbles....can't believe I missed that one. Must have skimmed through your post. :duh:

nancie2k

AC Members
Jan 11, 2003
garden state
Visit site
My mom's dad came to the United States from Scotland when he was 14. He never did forgive his parents for making him and his brothers wear kilts lol. Any country that gives us Sean Connery, has got to be awesome in my book =) Plus, without a Scot, I wouldn't be alive! <3 Scotland
i thought you might be related til i saw you lived in fla!!!!
my dad came here when he was 14
he is 95 now and we just went on a road trip to ky from nj and he drove the first 1/2 hours:eek:mg:

Swayde

AC Members
Mar 12, 2007
Florida
i thought you might be related til i saw you lived in fla!!!!
my dad came here when he was 14
he is 95 now and we just went on a road trip to ky from nj and he drove the first 1/2 hours:eek:mg:
My grandfather died 28 years ago. His family had originally lived in New York when they came over from Scotland. My mother was born and raised in New York and didn't move to Florida until she was a teenager. I was born in Florida and have lived her all my life and unfortunately, don't remember my grandfather since I was real young when he died =/ I do have a ton of relatives in New York still, mostly on Long Island.

janewalsh11

AC Members
Jun 30, 2007
uk
What about that other scottish legend Rab C. Nesbitt?

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland
Isn't 'Haggis Hut' the big fast food restaurant there? How come we can't get one of those here in the U.S. ?

Maybe McDonald's could come up with the 'McHaggis' or something similar.....unfortunately, I think it's illegal to cook with sheep's lungs here in the states, so they'd have to omit that part of the recipe. Bummer.

:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store