Wal mart Angels!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fla_Larry

AC Members
Jan 16, 2009
Port Charlotte Fla.
How misinformed you people are. I am the Merchandise Supervisor over pets (as well as paper and chemicals) at my Wal mart. My water quality is probably better than more of your home set ups. We run HUGE sumps with a constant drip and massive bio wheels in the sump. As far as what we can and can't order, that's determined by the vendor. I would love to be able to order what I want but Blue Springs (my areas vendor) only supplies so many different types of fish. But I'm in control of the quantity that is sent to me on a weekly basis. I don't exactly follow the home office game plan because certain types of fish don't sell all that well in my area. I have had customers come in looking for a specific fish and 1 phone call the the area supervisor with Blue Springs and I had it on the next weeks order. As far as care of the fish, yes that is mostly determined by the management of the department as well as the associates working there. I take excellent care of my fish but then again, I'm also a hobbyist.
BOYah FastFly67 exactly on the money, many inexperienced simply do not know how WalmMart works, so they make generalized statements, WalMart does not work like most retail stores, that is why they are the Biggest. They do things differantly.

and BettaMommy, having 5 Walmarts local to me and 10 within a one hours drive, none of which have sub standard fish depts, so more than likely it is your store that is the exception, Most Walmarts fish are very well maintained, and procedures in place to assure quality, and that dept Mgr does have the abaility to accept r refuse and to order as needed or desired. Mainly because fish are NOT part of the Walmart POS system for automated ordering, NO distribution center carries any live stock for the stores, so that must all be manually orderd by the dept mgr.
Can some store provide substandard care... yes they sure can, so mention it to the dept mgr, if no correction with in a few weeks, go talk to the store mgr.

Whining about ALL walmarts is simple untrue, and shows a true lack of concern. Most Walmarts take Very good care of there fish, using superiour equipment.

Sunshinessmile

ooooo shiny...
Apr 27, 2009
Denver
Real Name
Logan
BOYah FastFly67 exactly on the money, many inexperienced simply do not know how WalmMart works, so they make generalized statements, WalMart does not work like most retail stores, that is why they are the Biggest. They do things differantly.

and BettaMommy, having 5 Walmarts local to me and 10 within a one hours drive, none of which have sub standard fish depts, so more than likely it is your store that is the exception, Most Walmarts fish are very well maintained, and procedures in place to assure quality, and that dept Mgr does have the abaility to accept r refuse and to order as needed or desired. Mainly because fish are NOT part of the Walmart POS system for automated ordering, NO distribution center carries any live stock for the stores, so that must all be manually orderd by the dept mgr.
Can some store provide substandard care... yes they sure can, so mention it to the dept mgr, if no correction with in a few weeks, go talk to the store mgr.

Whining about ALL walmarts is simple untrue, and shows a true lack of concern. Most Walmarts take Very good care of there fish, using superiour equipment.
:OT:

PLEASE NOTE! THIS THREAD WAS NOT MEANT AS A BASH OF WALMART! ONLY TO STATE THAT MY WALMART DOES PROVIDE SUBSTANDARD CARE MAJORITY OF THE TIME. AFTER SEEING A GRADUAL CHANGE IN CARE I HAVE PURCHASED 4 SMALL ANGELS. This being said it is showing that walmart has provided good enough care that i bought from them!

Trust me i know walmart has a nice filtration system... im nosey! i opened the little drawer below the fish! its great! HOWEVER if there is multi dead fish the best filter system will not keep others from following suit.

Again... the discussion of walmarts care was not the POINT! I HAVE NEW ANGELS! I was simply looking for some people to share in my excitement!

Please no more debate over care!

Thank you!!!

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
Here. I'll go back on topic. Beautiful fishies, Sunshine. I'm so glad. You deserved this positive experience after the trouble you had. Makes me feel happy for you! :)

Sunshinessmile

ooooo shiny...
Apr 27, 2009
Denver
Real Name
Logan
Here. I'll go back on topic. Beautiful fishies, Sunshine. I'm so glad. You deserved this positive experience after the trouble you had. Makes me feel happy for you! :)
daw your to nice! i love these fish!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I know stop bashing Walmart everyone has heard the horror stories already old news.

Hey you ever get more pics of the Angels? There all happy and active still I would imagine.

Sunshinessmile

ooooo shiny...
Apr 27, 2009
Denver
Real Name
Logan
Hey you ever get more pics of the Angels? There all happy and active still I would imagine.
nope not yet... sorry

heres some of my pup to hold you over...

oh btw finding nemo this sat on abc fam!!!

DSC08083.JPG DSC08133.JPG DSC08193.JPG DSC07920.JPG DSC07970.JPG DSC07836.JPG

Sunshinessmile

ooooo shiny...
Apr 27, 2009
Denver
Real Name
Logan
thats his... sooo your done playing with the box i can touch? so you gonna play with me? ok!!!! face

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store