What am I?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Thanks! Yeah, he's stuck with me. He's a pretty cool little fish and I've always thought jags were gorgeous fish. He'll be my first really aggressive CA (currently all my CAs and SAs are mellow).

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I know I know!!!! It's a fish. Do I get a cookie too??? LOL

Yea could of told you from the get go that this was a Jag. Awesome fish. Temperament varies between individuals though. Seen some in video's being more mellow and then seen with my own Jag in that past how Hyper Aggressive these guys could truly get. Would love to own a pair of these one day.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Of course! Cookies for everyone!

I hope he turns out to be a mellow one, so I can keep maybe a Vieja synspilum and maybe some other fish with him. Thinking of trying giant danios for dithers since they're fast enough to get away. I'm just so glad he's not a dovii, I don't think I could handle one of those. Once I'm able to sex him/her I may try to get it a mate.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Keep in mind how big the males get. Giant Danios are good dither fish but do expect some loses. My RTM managed to kill off the surviving Giant Danios that my Loisellei's decided to leave alone.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Yeah, I'm going to play it by ear. It will depend on how well it plays with others. I'm not one to be like oh well, he's killing fish, I'll just let the rest get torn to pieces. I don't have problems with feeders, but I do not want a fish to get slowly beaten to death.

Any idea on when they are sexable? I'd love to know whether it's a he or she.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
A couple of updated pics. This fish is the most camera shy fish I've ever had. He makes himself disappear when he sees the camera. Makes it very difficult to get any pic of him, much less a good one, so these aren't great. They do give an idea of how he's changing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store