What am I?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Looks like he's really starting to color up! Love the iridescence that's peeking through in the fins. You just need to start associating the camera with feeding time.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Looks like he's really starting to color up! Love the iridescence that's peeking through in the fins. You just need to start associating the camera with feeding time.
My Aequidens, Acarichthys and Parachromis all seem to think my camera means its dinner time. I never taught them that behavior though. Kinda annoying actually since they swim all over looking for food when I'm wishing they would stay still for that perfect shot. lol

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
Interesting find, Lab! It's fun seeing lil cichlids grow up. Agree about the camera routine. My fish all think I'm a flashing orange light that dispenses food.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Oh, I try to bribe him. He'll swim out, grab a pellet, then rush back behind his heater. That is his safe spot. No camera and he keeps begging for food.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Give him time he will get use to it. He is still small and it's good to dart for food then hide when there is something around that you don't know if they want you as there next meal.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
More pics from today:

He/she is growing like a weed. I feed him twice a day til his little belly bulges a bit, and even so, he still looks on the lean side in these pics to me.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
nice! i got a jag myself! awsome looking cichlid! hes gunna have a 75 to himself when hes older unless i can get a 120 or 125!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store