What am I?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
he is looking a tad gaunt in the belly. maybe try a medicated food for a bit? might be an internal parasite affecting his weight.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Yeah, I don't like the sunkenness of the belly either. I just tried feeding him some of the anti-parasite food and he spit it out. I'll try it for a couple of days and then if he still rejects it I'll get some prazi-pro or metro or something.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I chop small pieces of shrimp....split them and stuff in earthworm, cichlid sticks or plankton sticks, to feed them for growth.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Ok, I'll try that too. This is my first really big cichlid, maybe I've been underfeeding him. He typically gets pellets twice a day, as much as he'll eat in about a minute.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
try bumping his feedings to three times a day, see if that makes a difference. bloodworms and other frozen insect type foods IME are wonderful for putting weight on a fish! i've used the 'can o mealworms' from the reptile section at petsmart often, and to keep them longer, i just put the can in the freezer after it was opened. they last forever that way.

Jakezori

AC Members
Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Wow... It's really cool to see that poor guy color up so nicely and all. I hope all turns out well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store