Water Change long overdue?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
Here goes, hope the sums are ok. Display is 4x2x2 which makes it same as yours 72, sump (this is in mm) 500x600x1000 which is about 44Gallons, total being 116.
Actually, 4' x 2' x 2' = 120g, not 72g. That's a pretty big difference. Give your tank the credit it deserves -- don't short it those 48g! You don't want to hurt it's ego... :)

mr pink floyd

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
WOW DUDE! thats sooo nice!
where did you get all the brown? I need to get some.
Im sick of all the greens, purples, reds, blues and oranges in my system, im getting ready to give up! Im thinking its time to sell my skimmer and stop doing water changes every 2 weeks!

Also, howd you get yellow water? did you just add food coloring to it? it looks SOOOO COOL!

PLEASE HELP OUT A NEWB!!!!!

heres a pic, can you help me out?

THANKS! LOL!

noskimmer

AC Members
Mar 5, 2007
Sydney
Real Name
Nick Papahatzis
Actually, 4' x 2' x 2' = 120g, not 72g. That's a pretty big difference. Give your tank the credit it deserves -- don't short it those 48g! You don't want to hurt it's ego... :)
Doh! Can't do my math!
it's a scopas tang, not a purple
Can't even ID my own fish! Always thought there wasn't something right about him.... or.. hang on, that's right, never thought there was something right about me... I'm confused...
what are your stocklist-cant seem to find it in your post
Gee's do you think if I gave you a stock list that you could trust it? Like the way I'm going I'll probably say I had a shark in there as well....Hmm I did at one stage start one (a list).. let me dig around..
Im sick of all the greens, purples, reds, blues and oranges in my system, im getting ready to give up! Im thinking its time to sell my skimmer and stop doing water changes every 2 weeks!

Also, howd you get yellow water? did you just add food coloring to it?
Whoa, had to run over that a couple of times, some interesting descriptions you used. Did you ever see that movie "Meet the parents"? well I have two cats... Just kidding. Are you referring to the lights? If so, I am running Metal Halides which may account for your colour description. As for the brown, you mean the corals I suspect, I don't know all the scientific names for them, and hey if I did it would probably be wrong, but I never really thought of it as having a lot of brown. Your tank incidentally looks great, a lot of blue, which I suspect is from actinics or 20k bulbs of some type. You also have some very nice greens, purples, reds.. etc, I wouldn't be complaining it seems very healthy. Rock formations seem really good and I wouldn't see that as a newb tank.

Now that stock list.... I will find it, update it (scopas tang, scopas tang, scopas tang...) and post it up..

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Noskimmer, I think you need to turn up your sarcasm alert down there in Sydney. I'm thinking this fellow signed up here simply to bash you and your methods.

Which isn't very nice, really.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Um yeah when I read it I'm seeing him trying to slam NS on his tank.. Rather rude actually.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky

Also, howd you get yellow water? did you just add food coloring to it? it looks SOOOO COOL!

PLEASE HELP OUT A NEWB!!!!!

heres a pic, can you help me out?

THANKS! LOL!

Can we please keep sarcastic and rude comments out of the thread please and have some respect for fellow aquarists..

Thanks and have a good day..

Niko :)

mr pink floyd

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
SORRY GUYS!

sorry guys! i wasnt trying to be rude at all LOL!

im simply trying to make my tank look like his!!!!!

anybody want to buy a remora skimmer? i cant believe i bought it! its stealing food from my corals LOL!

i dont appreciate you guys getting angry about me looking for help!!!!!
:help::help::help::) :headbang2::headbang2::headbang2::headbang2::headbang2::headbang2::headbang2::headbang2:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store