Water Change long overdue?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Well, for starters get rid of some of that digita. I see you have all the colors, but that stuff, well, it's about as tough to grow as star polyps.

I don't skim either, and quite frankly I think my tank has more colors than yours.

I also notice from your pics you have a few tiny fish. It's a whole different ballgame once your bioload goes up a bit.

You have a nice looking tank, Mr Floyd, but it isn't the nicest on the forum by a long shot. The only difference is you think you're the stuff and you can't see the beauty in a tank that's probably been set up longer than you've been alive and requires less maint. in a year than you probably spend on yours in a week.

But it was nice of you to stop by. Please feel free to actually try and add to a discussion, rather than detracting from one.

Or, even better, just start your own post and leave this one alone.

WoodRight

New 75 gal not set up yet.
Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
Hello NS, I'm very new to the SW world and I'm in the middle of setting up my first (not only tank but SW) tank. I think I'm going to skim at least at first but maybe stop when it gets a bit older. I think that your setup is unbaleaveable and love this thread. I hope you keep the updates comin. Oh and please check out my Blog and let me know if there is anything that you would change befor I fill it up and get it running. I still have a few weeks of work to do on it befor then so if you or anyone else wnats to please do. again great thread.

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
Niko better start spraying that troll spray.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
sorry guys! i wasnt trying to be rude at all LOL!

im simply trying to make my tank look like his!!!!!

anybody want to buy a remora skimmer? i cant believe i bought it! its stealing food from my corals LOL!

i dont appreciate you guys getting angry about me looking for help!!!!!
:help::help::help::) :headbang2::headbang2::headbang2::headbang2::headbang2::headbang2::headbang2::headbang2:
By all means, if you require help with your tank, or have questions about it, then please start a new thread. You asked no questions, nor any cry's for help, hence why people took it as sarcasm.

Thanks

Niko better start spraying that troll spray.
Its ready :grinyes:

Niko ;)

mr pink floyd

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
subliminal.. digita?

i thought it was digitada?
oh well im just a n00b LOLz

and a few tiny fish? i have a false perc thats over 3"
, a 6line wrasse over 3.5" and 2 green chromis each about 2.5"

i feed heavily with mysis, cyclopeeze and krill daily, id say my bioload is pretty high. my weekly maintenence includes feeding, and watching, tossing in some RO now and then, and watching, and sitting, and watching. IT SCKS!!!

sharkmatt

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
subliminal.. digita?

i thought it was digitada?
oh well im just a n00b LOLz
It's actually digitata, so I guess you are still somewhat of a newbie :headshake2:. The thing is you were actually trying to show off which makes it all the more sad! Do yourself a favour and get a life that doesn't involve belittling other peoples achievements. It disturbs me that there are people like you in the world.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Matt...
:thm::clap::werd:

mr pink floyd

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
**** right im showing off!

i dont think its good to be posting about how not doing waterchanges is good. you can get by with no skimmer, but not doing both is such a bad idea!

i do a water change every 2-3 weeks, only 5 gallons, and my tank is fine. if youre too lazy to practice good husbandry, you shouldnt be in this hobby. From the looks of your tank, im guessing youre a pretty messy person. Bad husbandry is the downfall of this hobby, it disturbs ME that there are people who encourage poor husbandry, and people who have such ignorance to the needs of these animals.

its like using the bathroom, but never flushing the toilet for a year. try that on for size.

for the actual new people to the hobby...

WATER CHANGES ARE NECESSARY, THIS GUY HAS NO IDEA WHAT HES TALKING ABOUT.

please send me a sample of your water, or post a video testing it. i would bet my life savings all your nitrates are off the charts! Your alkalinity and calcium are probably completely outside and accepted HEALTHY level, and i almost guarantee phosphates. the brown coral is a sign of it. Phosphates should be undetectable on any test kit, and less than .03 using a Hanna photometer(if anyone here has a clue what that is) There is no other reason for everything to be brown, besides lack of care. Youre browning out soft corals and LPS corals... you have to TRY to do that.

get a phosban reactor, some salt mix, a bunch of RO, and stop letting your fish live with toxicity.

Sincerely,

Mike

PS: This is what the alphabet woudl look liek if Q and R were eliminated!!!

Last edited:

mr pink floyd

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
If you claim to have a healthy system, you should actually have a healthy system to back it up! please do some reading:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-02/dw/index.php

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-07/mvd/index.php

Reference www.reercentral.com for very knowledgeable people, who can help you get your tank healthy(unless you dont want a healthy tank)

and look here:http://reefkeeping.com/issues/past.php

look at every single tank of the month.... what are the things they all have in common?

water changes...skimmers...color....GOOD HUSBANDRY=HEALTHY TANKS!!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store