1st REAL planted tank (10g) log! (Picture heavy)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Thank you very much everyone! :D It has been fun sharing my progress with everyone, now lets just see how well I can grow the plants! ;)

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
NICE :grinyes:

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Thank you again everyone!

Lets see that moss wall!
I am sorry but my camera is truly not working with me at the moment! These are the best pictures I could get.

Overall shot, moss wall on the right. There is some moss poking through already. A lot of the dwarf sag is dying off though & I did notice some super small clearish "bugs" jumping around on them.

Close-up of left side. 2nd dwarf sag in from the left is completely dead except the new growth & the tropica sword tips are becoming kinda twisty.

Close-up of the right side. The Anubias & java ferns are looking better everyday! The shrimp have cleaned almost all the algae off the ferns! You can see the couple of peices of dwarf sag dying in the back there too.

This was the clearest shot I could get of one of the larger female shrimp. Notice the nice big "saddle"?

I am going to go do a PWC now, Should I remove the "dead" dwarf sag in the front? The roots are attached to a very small new plant. Most of the Java fern is tied to it's own rocks, will they be happy like that or do they want more to hold onto?

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Ok anyone interested in the shrimp, I coaxed them out with some algae wafer pieces.

The MTS looks like a monster next to these guys!

A close-up of I believe another female (not with the saddles/ovaries showing). You can also really see in this photo how the Eco-Complete is settling.

It is amazing how much can happen in 4 days! :)

*EDIT* I increased the time the lights are on. They now run from 10am-9pm without a break. I am thinking I will need an abundance of algae to keep the shrimp happily fed! I also want to see if the extra light will help the dwarf sag & tropica sword.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store