55 gallon stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Whenever I used it, the sink would always not drain fast enough so I had to stop it several times. But I am really hating these water changes by hand so I think I'm gonna give it another try

Frank Castle

AC Members
Feb 9, 2017
Whenever I used it, the sink would always not drain fast enough so I had to stop it several times. But I am really hating these water changes by hand so I think I'm gonna give it another try
try adding some Drain-o to the sink and let it work it's magic before trying again

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I just run my hose out a door or window instead of using the contraption that hooks to the sink, for draining obviously. Do you have a door or window close enough to do this? If not, personally I'd just use a longer hose to reach one lol. I hate buckets and on a big tank like that forget it!.

Reactions: Frank Castle

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
We use the regular sink to start the siphon and once started just drain to the bathtub or outside.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
I do have a bathtub about a foot or two away from the sink (half bath) and I have a window in the same room as the tub and sink.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I do have a bathtub about a foot or two away from the sink (half bath) and I have a window in the same room as the tub and sink.
I see nothing but possibilities and a happier back! :) Does that bathroom only have a sink and bathtub??

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Nope, it had a toilet, a bathtub, and a sink.
Anyway, I have made a few changes in stocking. I want to get yalls opinion on it.
1 Angel fish
1 Ctenopoma acutirostre
1 Rainbow loach
2 bristlenose plecos
6 pictus catfish
and 10-12 cories.
I'm considering 2-4 african butterfly fish
I'm thinking that I'm over stocked somewhat. I can't tell how much though.
Any advice is much appreciated

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store