65 gallon LJ project

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Last weekend I modified the left side of the tank, added new plants and some fish left with other aquarist friends.
FTS:
20200729_161659.jpg
Fish:
-Melanotaenia australis x2
-Melanotaenia boesemani
-Albino pearlscale angelfish
-Albino gold angelfish
-Wild scalare angelfish
-Bulgarian blushing angelfish*
-Masoratherina ladigesi x5
-Peckoltia vittata
-Hypancistrus contradens
-Dicrossus filamentosus
-Microgeophagus ramirezi
-Apistogramma trifasciata

20200728_232516.jpg

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Next Friday, I have a visit to the fish market that is located in Mexico City, I hope to find rare fish. There is a store that is in that market, and a few hours ago, they announced that they are about to receive very interesting fish, uploading a photo of a nice Zebra Pleco, what a surprise it will take if I have the opportunity in person of this beautiful fish, it's a pity it is so expensive. The fact is that this store has good prestige, in fact 6 of my fish come from there (Albino gold angelfish, Albino pearlscale, Bulgarian blushing, Dicrossus filamentosus, Hypancistrus contradens, Apistogramma trifasciata). I know that store thanks to my LFS friends, they sometimes order fish from there for their business, but I have the opportunity to load them directly from Mexico City, although indirectly through my LFS friends they also acquired fish of them, obviously more expensive lol.
Either way, I'm excited, I want to see what I find, the tank has been installed for 4 months and I do not forget my original list of fish, sometimes you have to do some movements with the inhabitants but they are in good hands, there are always something more interesting and exciting to come.

Reactions: CichlidFins

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Cool! But I would say many pretty plecos are hiders & some "zebras" are not really. You don't want to pay a LOT of money for a fish you may rarely see unless you have breeding in mind (not in a community tank). Do your research, look at planetcatfish, TwoTankAmin's posts about his striped plecos & other places about this pretty type of fish. Do they claim an L number? That will help narrow your search.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't go look at them, lol. Just keep a tight hold on your wallet until you learn more...It seems like you "might" be running out of room in your tank...But there's always more tanks, it can be a slippery slope...haha

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
I share your idea that space is decreasing, with my 3 dwarf cichlids trying to support themselves I decided to make some changes to the aquascape, and in this way disorient each one on their territory, it seems that it has worked, there is nothing more than a few slight pushing, although when my apistogramma was the new boy, the poor man no longer found relief against the attacks of the Dicrossus, but a couple of days later he formed a character and decided that he would no longer be the buffoon fish, now even my Ramirezi is a little afraid of him lol.
20200804_150746.jpg
Don't worry about space, i'm already planning a 70 gallon tank for more fish, this is addictive huh? ;)
I will look for the user that you comment on and I will learn as much as I can, however, at the moment I have no plans to raise fish, I was only talking about the pleco zebra because they made reference to the fact that they could have it available, I would love to see it in person if I have Luckily, I know it is too expensive but believe me, if I had that money I would buy it (of course my wife would not agree) and it does not matter if I see it 1 or 2 times a week, I say this because I really enjoy seeing my H.contradens, it's pretty elusive, but when it comes out it's a delight and I enjoy watching it. I have not had a freshwater tank in years, and I sit down to see it every night, I enjoy the behavior of all my fish, they somehow know that I'm there seeing them, so they act exhibiting their colors and they swim for me.
20200804_154037.jpg

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Yeah for another tank & more fish! My husband is an enabler & helper up to a point, lol. I don't think it will include zebra plecs any time soon :) We saw them many years ago back in our poor student early fish keeping days, wow!!

Your apisto looks like he's feeling very good now, I bet he'd like a lady friend...if you can get 1. I like the usual contrast of male & female apistos. You get two pretty fish that can look very different & the possibility of eggs, maybe even fry, for at least a while. Breeding and parental behaviors very fun to watch. Think about it! Or a ram male for your girl...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store