A couple more recipes for snail food

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
It all depnds on how they are doing and how does their shells look....

I'm feeding 2000+ snails

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
If your pH is 8.0 and above and hardness levels also high, then you do not need to supplement calcium pills although added calcium helps thicken the shells while the water conditions suggested help prevent shell erosion. It's up to you. I just crush calcium pills and stuff it on my snail jello.

snoopy65

I am Sam aka Snoopy65
Aug 24, 2008
Where the ducks walk on the fish, PA
I gave my 8 bridgessi some made up jello last night and this morning it was completely gone.

I didn't have baby food and with a foot of snow, I wasn't going to get any. So I took a box of frozen chopped spinach (thawed and unsqueezed) microwaved it about a minute, sprinkled the gelatin in and gently stirred. Added a good tablespoon of fish flake and 2 tums (crushed). Let it set up in the fridge in a loaf pan for 3 hours. Cut it into 1/2 inch cubes.

pik01

AC Members
Sep 28, 2008
San Jose, California
About the snail jello:

I'm planning on freezing the jello I make so it lasts longer. The recipe reads that it can be frozen for up to a month, but do I need to thaw the jello in the fridge before tossing it into the tank? I don't think microwaving it in some tank water will work because the gelatin would melt, wouldn't it?

I threw some cubes into the snail culture yesterday (the tank kept at 80F) and by the time the jello hit the bottom I swear there was dorothy and an empty bucket nearby because it looked like the wicked witch had just melted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store