A couple more recipes for snail food

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
ok, what I made today was a huge and I mean huge hit. to bad the snails did not get close to it that often :lol: but my fish went mad over it.
Would that include some Mollies?:)

EdC

AC Members
Jan 26, 2009
you want calcium without vit. a if possible, you can usually find it in the drug store. I can send you a baggy of calcium powder first class if you like :)

Haha! Sending a bag of white powder through the mail sounds like all sorts of fun. It'd be even better if you could send it outside the country so it has to clear customs as well.

lorindaleigh

AC Members
Jan 24, 2009
Haha! Sending a bag of white powder through the mail sounds like all sorts of fun. It'd be even better if you could send it outside the country so it has to clear customs as well.
LMAO! That is very interesting. I can just imagine someone doing a taste test...."This tastes very unusual."

pik01

AC Members
Sep 28, 2008
San Jose, California
milk is fortified with a lot of vitamin D, I wouldn't recommend it. You can try mixing in some crushed eggshell with plaster of paris pucks or jello, or a cuttle bone (in the bird supply section at pet shops)

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Cuttlefish bones rot though, that's the downside. I prefer the plaster of Paris pucks. My snails eat them nonstop and plaster of Paris does clarify the water.

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
I mad snail jello yesterday with every fish food I have on hand. man that was a loaded piece I dropped into the tank this morning! man oh man every fish was fighting each other to get to it, and what was hilarious, the snails piled high on it and blocked the fish, and the fish were trying to knock the snails off to get it. must have been one tasty treat! those platy are feisty, and so are the mollies, they were knocking snails down right and left, but them snails got right back on. Good for them, the molly and platy eat everything before anyone else can get a meal. I should have taken pics, it was a riot. oh and afterwards the snails closed up and took naps, really there tummys were full and the all went to sleep :lol:

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
yes I agree this subject should be a sticky I have not done any of these recipes yet but totally plan too, thanks so much!
:welcome: to AC!

This topic is already a sticky thread. Please let us know how your recipes go.:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store