Any one familiar with Glo Danios?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

HugoFish

AC Members
Sep 11, 2019
Albania
Real Name
Gleis
Recently I got some Glo Danios. Does anyone have some info about this type of fish cause google is almost empty of info for this type ?
Are they easy to breed?
How to know when a female is ready to lay eggs?
Guppies vs Glo Dainos, which one is better?
etc....

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
To put in your tank that has issues?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Still a 15 gallon?

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Like for real , what do you expect me to keep there
2 neon tetras!?!?
In my planted 15 gal I have white cloud mountain minnows, in my planted 5.5 I have celestial pearl danios and red cherry shrimp.

I do not say this often on sites, but people who have no clue how to keep fish, should not do so. Fish are living creatures and when you keep them in captivity you are responsible for their quality of life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Strongarm

AC Members
Jan 13, 2021
Far West Texas
Real Name
Wayne
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7+
I am not in with Glo fish. Any genetically modified fish, to me, seems a little un-natural. Just my opinion.
Although brilliantly colored, I have had friends that had them with no problem, then I have had friends that had them and most die, soon, in a great living environment. Some people like them. I am just not one of them.
If you want brighter colors, buy cichlids. A lot of the "dwarf" varieties are breath taking, and natural. In a 15gallon, I'd keep only a pair of Apistogrammas, Acara's or something along those lines.
Moreover, Danios are not easy to breed. It can be done, if you have one thing I don't have....Patience!

Below: Electric Blue Acara

1611088753941.png

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store