Any Sci-Fi Fantasy book fans out there?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
"Path of Shadows" and related books were the most recent. About an assassin, very good series. Not for kidz though.

Then there's the "Saga of Seven Suns" series, very good one. "Species Imperative", "Enders Game", "Rangers Apprentice" (left off that one...), "Warriors" and related books/series, "Harry Potter" (counts as fantasy), and then several others.

Attempting (and failing) to write a book of my own. Got the plot down pat, just can't get enough details... lol

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
I've found some interesting reads at the second hand bookstore just perusing the shelfs and reading cover jackets. I read a book called "Radix" by A.A. Attanasio. Started out kind of weird but ended up being a pretty cool book. Google it.
I've done that too. When the volunteers at my hospital have a book sale you can find some good books for like .50 to a $1. Years back I found the first Dragon Riders of Pern, the artwork was from the 60's with a queen rider in a grecian gown on the cover, it was hilarious! Unfortunately I loaned the book out and never got it back. Will check that book out too.

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
Fishfriend have you read the other Orson Scott Card books from the Ender series? They are very very good, I read them some years ago.

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
We mentioned Name of the Wind earlier in the thread. :) I'm starting "Wise Man's Fear" as soon as I log off here tonight. :)
Let me know how it is, I should have it by Monday, can't wait!

Treefork

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
Northeast Indiana
pets.groups.yahoo.com
Real Name
Joe
Fishfriend have you read the other Orson Scott Card books from the Ender series? They are very very good, I read them some years ago.
Yeah those are good. I've read all of those. I've also read his Alvin Maker series. First book "Seventh Son", GREAT series, kind of an alternate American history where magic exists.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I've read "Enders Game", "Xeonocide", "Children of the Mind", "Shadow of the Giant", and 2 others (I can't remember the names to save my life...) I have also read several other books by Card.

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
For some crazy reason I never got into LOTR's, and that's my kind of fantasy, action, elves etc. I love the movies and I know those are no where near what's in the books. I have to give it another try.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store