Arowana not having food for one week

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aruncxuae

AC Members
Apr 24, 2020
Dear team
I am in a v sad situation now .my new Aro is not eating food from the day when I bring him onwards.its being 10 days now he is in my aquarium.
Only he is the one in my Aquarium

yesterday he eat some chicken heart and 2 live fish ( small) only after that even I try to feed him the same (chicken heart ) today he is not eating nothing
Normally I am giving him dry shrimp ? he will just smell it and go away and today I even try hikari arowana food stick but he is not at all interested in food now.what to do??
He is simply getting settling down at one end of the aquarium base today onwards

733B2E50-F5A0-40BD-853E-2F3478131645.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Hi and Welcome to AC!!

How long has your aquarium been set up and what are your test results for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH?

Do you know what the seller or store was feeding him? If you know, try using the same food.

aruncxuae

AC Members
Apr 24, 2020
Aquarium is set up for 15 days 4 days before I introduce arowana I do proper cycling of water.
Store keeper tell me he do with dry shrimp ? only
He is telling me to wait for 15 days to start fish to eat.is there something like that if we change the aquarium this will happen??

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Fifteen days sounds like a long time before he might start to eat. Have you tried the dry shrimp the store keeper suggested?

How did you cycle the tank? Did you add mature media from another filter, use a bottled bacteria product or another method?

aruncxuae

AC Members
Apr 24, 2020
Fifteen days sounds like a long time before he might start to eat. Have you tried the dry shrimp the store keeper suggested?

How did you cycle the tank? Did you add mature media from another filter, use a bottled bacteria product or another method?
Just normal cycling
With water conditioner only

yes from the first day onwards I am trying to feed him with that only just yesterday I bought the food pellets

aruncxuae

AC Members
Apr 24, 2020
Hi and Welcome to AC!!

How long has your aquarium been set up and what are your test results for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH?

Do you know what the seller or store was feeding him? If you know, try using the same food.
Bro thanks now my fish is having proper food
Pellet foods ??
Thanks for your support ??

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Good to hear he's finally eating, thanks for the update!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store