Best and Fastest way to do water changes in 72 gal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

trashion

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
Pour it in afterwards.

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
Wait a second!! If this python takes water directly from the tap, then how do you condition the water to remove the chlorine, etc.?
You put a dose of dechlorinator large enough to treat the whole tank before or as your starting to refill.

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
Wait a second!! If this python takes water directly from the tap, then how do you condition the water to remove the chlorine, etc.?

After you drain the amount you want,
You dose the tank for its full capicity (with prime or whatever you use) , and refill with tap water..

erika_d

AC Members
Aug 14, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! OK, that makes sense. I usually add my water conditioner to my water bucket before adding to the tank...this would be so much easier though! I'll have to look into one of these "pythons"

kimmisc

is in your closet.
Mar 12, 2007
Florence, SC
Yes, add dechlorinator to the tank, then refill with tap water. Dechlorinator works very quickly, so no harm is done.

nx2ured

AC Members
Dec 25, 2007
East TN
I have 15 fish tanks in my house.Water changes used to take forever and be such a hassle then I bought a Python and it made my life much easier. You'll be kicking yourself in the arse for not getting one sooner!!

NewbieFish

I hope I don't mess up
Mar 17, 2008
Canada
I have a 72g and I have a Python. (Everyone should get paid plugging them so much)

Cheapeeper

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
Elk River MN
I have a big rubbermaid tub I syphon out the water into the tub then bucket by bucket I haul it to the sink. That might not be very efficient but it works here as the sink is far from the tank.

david13latham

AC Members
Jan 8, 2008
I use a cheap 10 dollar python and put it out a window from the second floor down to the grass. Or just python to a 5 gallon jug and dump in the tub. Fill er up and pour it into the tank. Cheap way of doing it... Already had the 5 gallon water jugs. I wouldn't do it any other way just because its not that diffucult for me... 75gallon tank,20 gallon long, and 10 gallon. Good workout get you some guns :p.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store