Best and Fastest way to do water changes in 72 gal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AquariumFish

still playing with wet spots
the first 2 posts give good advice

for faster draining - I use a 1 1/4 inch diameter hose - I picked up a 22 foot length from Lowes Home Improvement - it was a bit costly until I drained the 210 gal tank QUICKLY

for my RO/DI water I went to Lowes and bought a pond pump with the 1/2 inch diameter discharge and a length of their hose that you find right there made for ponds (its a 20 footer) and I hit all my tanks real easy with a powered water supply!
another thing about this 1 and a quarter diameter hose - you can take the head off the shower and the bend in it will hold the hose on so you can fill it easy

Po.Verse

AC Members
Jul 19, 2008
It sucks, I have to use rubbermaid tubs, because all the faucets in this house, dont have the screw on ends, so you cant attach the Python to the faucet.

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
It sucks, I have to use rubbermaid tubs, because all the faucets in this house, dont have the screw on ends, so you cant attach the Python to the faucet.
they make adapters for this...

enrique4jc

AC Members
Oct 17, 2006
Russell Springs, KY
Real Name
Eric
Sounds like there are some very elaborate set-ups here for water changes. That's great for those who have done that. However, if you don't want to go through all of that, just get a Python. Works like a charm.

SuBXeRo

TaNkAsAuRaUs REX
Jul 22, 2008
NJ and AZ
hmm, good info, i suppose a python is in my future or something of that nature, my sink is like 15 feet from where the tank will be and the tank will be higher than the sink. i just need to make a sturdy system i guess. I just dont wanna b doing the bucket deal with this thing so help me. I suppose itll just be trial and error.

wildman117

AC Members
May 13, 2008
D-M-V
i just do the bucket brigade with my 55 2x20s and 5 so it only takes about an hour

Captnslapy

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Vermilion,Ohio
Like everyone has stated. The pyhton works wonders. I use my 25 foot one to drain my tanks into my wife's flower bed. Works wonders for our plants. Then use it to fill up the tanks(55,65,20). Takes less then an hour and your back will thank you for it.

Alan R

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Northeast Georgia
Tip it.

J/K/ Old Bill Engvall joke.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store