BN SEX?+ CONDITIONING

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Congrats! That is exciting!!! Post pics when you can!

ESOXLUCIOUSS

AC Members
Nov 19, 2005
Dublin Ireland
i cannot wait myself, but good news comes with bad, i have another tank that was just at the ned of an ich treatment, i woke up this morning to do the water change and two of the clown loaches were covered in the stuff, Water change is complete and meds added , hope it works, raising temps a degree a day till i get to 86..

As far as the broody parents the tank seems lifeless without the big bully around . Tomorrow i will do another water change and try and get a peek at the brood...

Crossed fingers
Cameras charged up and ready for action.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Sorry to hear about the retun of ick!

And.....

fingers.jpg

ESOXLUCIOUSS

AC Members
Nov 19, 2005
Dublin Ireland
Thanks Debbi, girlfriend is away at the moment, shes really into the fish.. Hopefully they will hatch before her return, would be a great suprise..

Will update everyday and let u know how things are getting on..
Regards,
Denis

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
They should hatch after 4-5 days. It may be another week or more before papa allows them out of the cave. I have one male who I think keeps them in the cave too long, so I oust him a week after they've hatched to allow them to eat. He is not happy when I do that, such a devoted papa!

ESOXLUCIOUSS

AC Members
Nov 19, 2005
Dublin Ireland
Thats cool, papa doing his duty..

Still no sign cannot wait though, what size is ur female and how amny eggs do u think

On the ich front just 1 clown has ich,, no other fish showing even signs.

But looked in on my dwarf pandura and one of the three females has its mouth open all the time.. she tries to feed and now will acfcept blood worm but one in three only goes down any ideas Debbi

ESOXLUCIOUSS

AC Members
Nov 19, 2005
Dublin Ireland
Thats cool, papa doing his duty..

Still no sign cannot wait though, what size is ur female and how amny eggs do u think

On the ich front just 1 clown has ich,, no other fish showing even signs.

But looked in on my dwarf panda appisto (njjensen) and one of the three females has its mouth open all the time.. she tries to feed and now will acfcept blood worm but one in three only goes down any ideas

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
My females are about 3.5" not counting the long tails. First spawns are usually a little smaller than subsequent spawns. Maybe between 50-100. Subsequent spawns are usually 100+. Now that was my experience with the sp. Pucallpa bristlenose. My L144's have smaller batches than regular bristlenoses.

As far as your dwarf apisto, if she can't close her mouth, there's not much you can do. She injured herself somehow, possibly dislocating it. That could happen if she rammed into the glass. If it was a large fish, I'd tell you to take her out and manipulate the jaw back in, but that's not something that would be easy to do on a small fish. Feed her what she wants, as long as she takes some she'll be ok. Over the summer I babysat for a parrot fish that because of congenital deformity could not close her mouth. I don't know how she managed to ever get any pellets, but she could suck bloodworms out of the water like magic!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store