Cleaning & Reusing Floss Cartridges

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan

Kaskade10729

AC Members
Jun 16, 2013
Poster.. the meme is a still from Bill + Ted's Excellent Adventure... Go watch it!
Ummmm....I know what the meme was from....that's why I posted it. :cool:

I wasn't sure if you were saying put our man in the meme in an iron maiden or the poster, that's all.

• Love
Reactions: dougall

Kaskade10729

AC Members
Jun 16, 2013
The poster. Your meme is more fitting than you could know, being new here. Just ignore the kid...

WYite
Thanks for the heads up; I've been here since 2013, though...:cool:

Unless you meant HE was new round here...

Kaskade10729

AC Members
Jun 16, 2013
I am not a user or hang on back filters at all if I can help it. So take it with a grain of salt, but I would always let the flow be as high as possible and diffuse the output with foam or something if there was too much current for your tastes.

For pictures . Post anywhere, it should be easy enough to find just by looking at new posts, there are only a couple of handfuls of posts each day
Thanks; I asked specifically about the ACs because it's been said that the lower flow rates can yield better contact time with the media, while also allowing for better water polishing. As I said, though, I don't see much of a difference going from low to high.

I'll work on the pics.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Ummmm....I know what the meme was from....that's why I posted it. :cool:

I wasn't sure if you were saying put our man in the meme in an iron maiden or the poster, that's all.
Mot sure where else I could suggest he be put and not be banned ;)

But watch it anyway..

• Haha
Reactions: Wyomingite

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Thanks; I asked specifically about the ACs because it's been said that the lower flow rates can yield better contact time with the media, while also allowing for better water polishing. As I said, though, I don't see much of a difference going from low to high.

I'll work on the pics.
I understand the fact that lower flow will provide more contact with media, and specifically less potential for bypassing that media... but my instinct is that keeping it clean is likely a better solution.

my concern with lowering the flow is the potential mechanical load it puts onto the system. It just leaves me a bit uncomfortable.

If you see better or similar results lowering the flow, then go for it. I really only do use canister ilters rather than power filters and I normally want as much flow as I can so I don't have the experience you are looking for.

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Reactions: dougall

Kaskade10729

AC Members
Jun 16, 2013
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com