Destroy BBA!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

HugoFish

AC Members
Sep 11, 2019
Albania
Real Name
Gleis
Hi guys, the BBA is destroying my tank. it is all over my plants and I don't know how to stop it.
I have reduced the lighting to 8 h per day but they still keep growing.
I have watched videos that they mix H2O2 with seachem , but the problem is that I live in Albania, a place where you can only find normal algae removers, and the only known product here is Tetra :( .

Any idea of how to destroy BBA before they destroy my tank?

THNX

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
manual removal,

and peroxide if you can get it.

once it's gone, make sure your filter is clean and your flow is good.

Reactions: fishorama

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
you aren't going to soak the plants in it directly.

you can squirt some on the algae to spot treat it, the H2O2 will break down into 2 H2O and an O2 , so water and oxygen.

But you want to take care on how much you dose, and where.. because it can have an adverse affect on livestock.

Reactions: fishorama

HugoFish

AC Members
Sep 11, 2019
Albania
Real Name
Gleis
you aren't going to soak the plants in it directly.

you can squirt some on the algae to spot treat it, the H2O2 will break down into 2 H2O and an O2 , so water and oxygen.

But you want to take care on how much you dose, and where.. because it can have an adverse affect on livestock.
ok nice, don't think that H2O2 will damage my plant even if the BBA is in the plant.
What about the manual removing of BBA?

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
BBA will not grow in the plant, just on the surface.

for manual removal, use your hands, pull off infected leaves, remove substrate, hardscape whatever, and brush off, or clean with peroxide out of the tank, or bleach or whatever. just be sure to use aquarium safe stuff.. and rinse incredibly well before returning it to the tank.

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Algae are not the cause but a symptom of light + nutrients. Algae spores are everywhere...
So check your lighting, fishload, pH, KH, CO2, NO3 and PO4. Get it in the right balance and you never have to bother with algae.

HugoFish

AC Members
Sep 11, 2019
Albania
Real Name
Gleis
Algae are not the cause but a symptom of light + nutrients. Algae spores are everywhere...
So check your lighting, fishload, pH, KH, CO2, NO3 and PO4. Get it in the right balance and you never have to bother with algae.
Ok lets say that i checked those things , but how to set those in the right balance? For exampel ph in my tank is from 7.4 to 8

HugoFish

AC Members
Sep 11, 2019
Albania
Real Name
Gleis
What about manual removal should i just get the plant out of the tank and scrub it leaves ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store