Fiddler MAYHEM! HELP!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Megan McNeil

Registered Member
Jul 18, 2018
Help! I bought some Fiddlers! I brought them home and initially had them in a tank for about a day, but then transferred them to a new tank with a sand side and a brackish water side. Now, I will admit that the first 2 deaths were my fault, as after adding what I was told was the right enough instant ocean to the water, I did not test the salinity after. I tested it after finding the two dead ones this morning and it was 1.032!!! YIKES. Over salt water level and waaaaay over brackish level.
So, I changed out some of the water and achieved a specific gravity of 1.080 and left it there, which is even a little lower than the 1.010 the aquatic center advised.
When I left, they were active and chasing each other.....then I came home, and there is one with NO LIMBS! LITERALLY NONE! It's just a body with limbs everywhere.

I'm at a loss. I want to make this work! I have conquered large parrots, bearded dragons, fresh-water tanks, and now I wanted crabs and it's not going well!!!

Thanks,
Meg

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Are you sure it is body and limbs? Maybe it just molted.

Megan McNeil

Registered Member
Jul 18, 2018
Are you sure it is body and limbs? Maybe it just molted.
Nope, it literally was the body and limbs all separated. I was only gone a few hours. Now I am watching the remaining 2 like a hawk. I just don't know how that happened?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I'd go with no more than 4, and have only one male. The females will usually be ok together, but 2 males cannot share that small a space.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store