greech's Simple 40 Breeder

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

zippodcr

Certified Bonehead
Feb 10, 2007
Mansfield, OH
Neat tank indeed! SW is more expensive to get going, generally, but i think it's equally rewarding. You can cut some costs by DIY - tank canopy/stands, skimmers, sumps and such. lots of good ideas in the DIY section!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Well after waiting for what seems like forever I finally got my firts Centropyge Angel and I dove in head first!

When I got the sneak peak email from Diver's Den yesterday I knew this was going to be the one. I bought her within seconds of being posted with some gift certificates I got from the family. Hoping that getting her from DD will give me a good head start on keeping her healthy. I'm thinking I may just leave it at the B/W clown and the Potters for this tank. The only bad thing about the whole deal is that I have to wait until Tuesday to receive her due to the holiday weekend! Wish me luck :)

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Good luck. Also wanted to bring this back from the dead. Can we have an update soon?

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
My favorite dwarf angel. That tank is actually pushing it in terms of being adequate in size. That footprint is probably the minimum I recommend for this species, as it is one of the larger ones.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Really? I could have swore most Coral Beauty's I see are larger than the Potters and a Flame is about the same size from my experience. Also, Bi-Colors get pretty large as well don't they? Where did you learn Potters are one of the largest Dwarf Angels Amphiprion?

Link
Potter's Angel
Most specimens are around 2"-3"
Link
Coral Beauty
Max. Size: 4"

Amphiprion

Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Really? I could have swore most Coral Beauty's I see are larger than the Potters and a Flame is about the same size from my experience. Also, Bi-Colors get pretty large as well don't they? Where did you learn Potters are one of the largest Dwarf Angels Amphiprion?

Link
Potter's Angel

Link
Coral Beauty
You're right. That link's length is too small for this species, though. They are regularly over 3" and closer to 4"--at least the ones we used to get in. Of course, marinecenter's links actually generalize the sizes they receive and ship, not necessarily how big they get, IME, which can be confusing. In any case, I apparently was thinking about lemonpeel angel length, which mixed in my mind.

Amphiprion

Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Ah, I now remember where I found it. It was in Scott Michael's Marine Fishes handbook. That's weird, especially considering I've never seen one of these fish even close to 5", so I'm not sure why I even bothered remembering it, let alone typing it. One of the points I have to disagree with Scott about.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Here on the west coast most of the Potters that come in are babies, 2 - 2-1/2". It is actually rare to find one much bigger than 3" at the LFS, but they do grow bigger. I just measured mine and it is right about 3-1/2" from mouth to tip of tail, measuring the best I can with a tape measure as it eats seaweed next to the glass.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store