greech's Simple 40 Breeder

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Hahaha.. my tanks look terrible right now.. here is my thread though.

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161222

So back to the Potter's Angel, do you think maybe it is just a bad scratch from it bumping into the rocks the first night?
You know what I am really starting to think that myself. I posted the same info over on RC and several memebers over there mentioned the same thing. It makes sense too because the room and tank were very dark by the time I introduced her to the tank. Since I had the moonlights on I could see her darting around upon entry. Being that she was unfamiliar with the environment and the lights being low she very well may have caught a rock. Its not a growth (raised) and its starting to look better and color is filling in more. I sure do hope you are right though! She is still very active and not timid really at all. She has no fear of my hand being in the tank whil I feed. She is picking at the rocks as expected but has yet to eat. Its only been 2.5 days since I got her so I am optomistic she will eat soon. She actually comes over to area where I feed and watches the clown eat like a pig. The two fish have such different personalities. The Potters is like the flighty cheerleader that flaunts about the tank while the clown is like the smart kid that is constantly annoyed by the Potters ditsy behavior :) Thank you.

Last edited:

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Great thread Ace. Loved the pics. Still halfway through, lol.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
So far she is doing much better. The "spot" is no longer white and instead orange! I think this pretty much suggest it was a scratch. She also ate a bit tonight. She ate a little of everything and the only thing she spit out was the NLS pellets. Hopefully she will eat more tomorrow.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Just wanted to provide an update. The "scratch" is completely gone and things are going well. She is getting more and more adjusted to the tank and is progressively eating better day by day. She ate a variety of foods really well tonight! Sorry for the fuzzy pics :)

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Haven't updated in a while. Just did my WC andthe tank was looking good so I thought i would post a few pics. The Potters is doing very well and eating like a pig :). She eats mysis, spirulina brine, Formula 1 and 2 and she ate at least 2 NLS pellets tonight! The key I have found to feeding frozen shrimp is to chop the cubes a little finer so you get some 1/4 and 1/2 pieces if shrimp. She seems to seek those out.

Phatboydime

AC Members
Dec 22, 2008
Tank looks great man, but I agree with the post that recomended a skimmer. They really do help keep things stable.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I have gone back and forth on the skimmer forever. Everything is working so well I just want to leave things be but I still find myself researching them.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Hey, if it isn't broken, don't fix it. If your tank runs well--and that definitely seems to be the case to me--without a skimmer, don't worry about it. Just make sure there's plenty of gas exchange otherwise. Everything else seems to be in fine order, however.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Hey, if it isn't broken, don't fix it. If your tank runs well--and that definitely seems to be the case to me--without a skimmer, don't worry about it. Just make sure there's plenty of gas exchange otherwise. Everything else seems to be in fine order, however.
My thoughts exactly. Just taking it slow and seeing how the tank develops. Thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store