greech's Simple 40 Breeder

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Yeah. I had mine for 3 years and he (pretty sure it was male...) was just barely shy of 4". I measured him after I found his dried carcass a year later, RIP. He found the only narrow opening I had at the time.

debaric

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
N.J.
www.myspace.com
I think it would be in your best interest to get a skimmer with SPS coral being in your tank. Yes, you can keep them with just doing water changes but do you know how much **** comes out of your water with a skimmer? More than you get from water changes, thats for sure. You have a big enough tank there that it will be extremely beneficial to have a skimmer.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Hey all.. beautiful Potters Ace! Love the pic with the midas blenny almost bowing as he is passing by :)

Well I can't say everything has gone as I would have liked. The fish is behaving well but tI am more than a little concerned/bummed...

She showed up in the later afternoon. Dimmed the tank and house lights, removed the bag (excellent packaging by the way) and took the temp of the bag water with a thermometer we have for the kids (76.5 degrees). I could not see in the bag because it was in multiple tinted bags. After I floated the closed bag for about 10-minutes I started the drip acclimation. I couldn't really see the fish when I added it to the drip bucket because there was just a bit of late afternoon sunlight coming through the windows. After the drip was complete I added her to the tank and left the lights off for the night except my blue LEDs. She was swimming all over and within an hour found cave she liked. Turn on my actinics at about 10:00am this morning to find the white spot on her head. I have contacted LADD with pics and they responded in about 10 minutes. They have truly been great throught and I'm confident I will be taken care should the worst happen but it doesn't really change the bummer this is.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I have no clue where it came form or what it is. My LFS recommended Pimafix as well but I am waiting to hear from LA before I do anything. Is Pimafix safe for shrimp? Its tough to get a good look because she moves so fast. It doesn't seem to be raised and its almost as if it is a scratch. Again it was pretty dark during the acclimation and pretty much totally dark after I released her. There is nothing in my tank that could have or would have done this overnight. Only 1 B/W clown and my skunk cleaner.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
If the spot isn't bad for the fish health i think it looks kinda cool.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I went home at lunch and she is actually looking a little better. One side is clearing up particularly well. I got a pretty good look and it doesn't appear to be a fungus. She is very active darting in and out of the rocks and comes right up the glass when I'm close by. Still waiting to hear from LADD.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Hey Ace i've always wanted to see some pics of your entire tanks. Can you get some or start a thread?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store