HR 669 : CONGRESSIONAL HEARING BANNING NONNATIVE SPECIES APRIL 23, 2009 ACTION NEEDED

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
how does someone from GUAM have any idea what is good for the United States? sure, they are part of the USA's territories, but thats just it; they are a territory. They dont pay taxes to help fund programs.

this is ridiculous.
Amen. They know what they need in Guam, but to force the rest of us to live by their rules and standards because they have an exotics problem is ridiculous. I have half a mind to ask my Congressperson to work on declaring Guamanian independence, whether or not they like it, if this bill goes through.

FishfarmUSA

AC community vendor
Guys, be serious and polite in your correspondance with any government offical, they will not take you serious otherwise, everyone who is born in an American territory is a US citizen, each territory has US congressmen, it's the only representation they have in the government, they do pay taxes just like everyone else, getting down on the Representative from Guam will not help our cause, she is chairman of the committee that will vote on this to go to the rest of the house, where it could actually become law. I can not imagine the devesatation it would do to the tropical fish industry in Florida, the state economy and surge in unemployment in that state. I did forward the link to the Florida Tropical Fish Farmers Association which is a several hundred strong proffessional organization, my hope is they will send a lawyer to Washington for the public hearing on April 23. If I lived close enough I would attend also, those of you who do live in the DC area should plan to be there. Ken

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
so wait. what threat is this to us. will it get rid of a few species or almost all species of fish for pets?

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
Exactly. All these (fine people) need is one year of apathy and they can take this as justification to advance their hairbrained scheme and foist it upon America.

That year maybe here folks with the current changes in our goverment apathy may not be the reason so scream loud, long and often.

beblondie

grand high exhalted poobah
Mar 25, 2005
with everything else going on they have time for this nonsense.Typical reaction once the damage is already done.wee'll do something its so so reactive instead proactive

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store