Is 20 Gal adequate for my ideal fish list?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Shelz1209

AC Members
Feb 7, 2021
Hi!,

I have a fully cycled 20 gallon, in which I currently have 4 Glofish Tetras (one didn't survive the tank switch from 10-20 gallons) and I currently have a Dwarf Gourami and a Bristlenose Pleco in a 10 Gal quarantine tank. Ideally, I would like to have 6-7 Glo Tetras, the Dwarf Gourami, Bristlenose Pleco, and then some Guppies. Would this be acceptable for 20 gallons, and if so, how many guppies could I get? Oh, and would a White Skirt Tetra school with the Glo Tetras? Thanks in advance!!

Shelz1209

AC Members
Feb 7, 2021
Thanks for the response! By “some guppies” I just meant that I would like to have guppies in the tank, but I don’t know how many, if any, I could have along side the other fish I want in my tank.

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
In my opinion, you will have to choose between one of the two species of tetras that you want to keep, or you can keep both species but without the guppies, all this including the fish that you have in quarantine of course.

Reactions: Sprinkle

Shelz1209

AC Members
Feb 7, 2021
In my opinion, you will have to choose between one of the two species of tetras that you want to keep, or you can keep both species but without the guppies, all this including the fish that you have in quarantine of course.
Ok, so you’re saying either a school of the glofish tetra, or a school of the white skirt, with the dg and bristlenose only, and no guppies?

Shelz1209

AC Members
Feb 7, 2021
You can have both schools of tetras but without guppies, or one school of tetras with guppies.
Gotcha. Thanks! How many would you recommend for each school, assuming I do one tetra school and one guppy school?

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
School of minimum 10-12 tetras. Honestly I have never kept guppies but I suppose that between 5-7 would be fine for your tank, they are also very easy to reproduce and you have to take into account what you will do with the young.

Reactions: Sprinkle

Shelz1209

AC Members
Feb 7, 2021
School of minimum 10-12 tetras. Honestly I have never kept guppies but I suppose that between 5-7 would be fine for your tank, they are also very easy to reproduce and you have to take into account what you will do with the young.
Yeah I’ve heard about them reproducing at a crazy rate. I’m going to try to get all one sex, but who knows how likely that is. Thanks for all the help!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store