Is my mystery snail dying?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Arkmite

AC Members
Jul 15, 2017
I want to laugh at that, but I'm not sure if it is a joke. . . So, I'll say this:

The most humane way would be to put him in a bag with a bit of tank water and put it in the freezer. As the bag becomes cold he will become unconscious and then pass away. I would freeze him for at least a day to make sure he is truly gone.
For the most part it was. I read that I had to do that but was really hoping I wouldn't have to.

Arkmite

AC Members
Jul 15, 2017
I want to laugh at that, but I'm not sure if it is a joke. . . So, I'll say this:

The most humane way would be to put him in a bag with a bit of tank water and put it in the freezer. As the bag becomes cold he will become unconscious and then pass away. I would freeze him for at least a day to make sure he is truly gone.
For the most part it was. I read that I had to do that but was really hoping I wouldn't have to.

KittyKat123

Registered Member
Dec 8, 2018
I am new to this forum and to posting. Apologies if I am doing things wrong by adding to this conversation but I can't figure out to add a new post / conversation.

I have had my darling mystery / golden snail, Shirley, for about 2 years now. Due to the lip on the tank I didn't think she could escape (and the fact that she had never tried to go over the top). Unfortunately, last night she fell 970mm onto the wooden floor. She may have discharged a slimy substance but I'm not sure. Her shell has a crack running through it but not all the way through. I put her back in the tank and she didn't move overnight, however, there was a little activity when I put her in a cup of water with a wafer (she didn't eat though). I have put her back in the tank. No movement again. She is normally pretty active. Is my Shirley dying after such a fall? How long would it be before I know she is out of the woods if she does make it. I feel so terriby terribly guilty for not ensuring her safety. Please help if you can.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store