Laptop speakers issue

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
So my laptop's speakers are suddenly not working. I've had it happen before but a simple restart, for whatever reason, fixed the problem. That isn't helping now and I've already gone through and re-installed all the sound drivers possible.

Toshiba A505-S6960 running Win7 64 bit. Oh, and the headphone jack works, just not the external speakers on the laptop itself. It's only a 4 year old laptop.

Any ideas other than they are just busted? What else can I try? Thanks.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
click on the start button and search "volume" There should be something to change the volume. I know on my computer running win 7 ultimate there is a separate control for speaker volume and headphone volume. Other than that, idk. I mean, even if they were blown they would still work, but sound terrible.

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
Might it be muted??

Explain to me how headphone jack works but not external speakers.. Do you mean built in speakers? external speakers would connect via the headphone jack.

Worst case scenario, you can back up all your stuff and do a factory reinstall.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Might it be muted??

Explain to me how headphone jack works but not external speakers.. Do you mean built in speakers? external speakers would connect via the headphone jack.

Worst case scenario, you can back up all your stuff and do a factory reinstall.
Sorry, I did mean built in speakers. Externals should work since the headphone jack does.

sierracuddy

AC Members
Nov 5, 2010
ohio
try this go to
control panel

sound

speaker then click on properties. then disable click ok

go to task bar (bottom right hand corner) and click on your speaker icon

I hope this works for you

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
hmmm. Can you do a restore from the last working restore point? Seems something changed..
Did a system restore to last week and no change.

try this go to
control panel

sound

speaker then click on properties. then disable click ok

go to task bar (bottom right hand corner) and click on your speaker icon

I hope this works for you
Nothing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store