Laptop speakers issue

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
It sounds like a hardware thing. If it were a software issue. Drivers/restore would have fixed it.

If you go the route to fix it yourself, it's actually not that hard. It can be intimidating because there are lots of screws and they're all tiny.

The basic idea is like in this video, it's a different laptop, but the idea is the same.

[YT]tcNAAH7X4Y8[/YT] Check that sweet beat, or whatever that is.

If you lived closer I'd do it for you.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Sounds about right for a computer hardware issue. :rofl:

Could be as simple as something loose in there. That's why the "give it a smack" method of computer repair actually does work quite often.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
got a spare hard drive and re-install discs for your windows OS? if so, the hdd is easy to replace and installing the OS on a new hdd would tell you for sure if it's software related or not.

your explanation points in one of 2 directions... nasty, nasty malware... or busted wires either in the wires themselves or the speaker coils.

dundadundun

Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
try malwarebytes. it usually picks up on the real nasties others miss. at least for me.

i have a whole gambit i run on my kids machines and never seem to have any issues. found 49,000+ threats on my aunts machine about 2 months ago... installed the gambit for her and made a pdf file of instructions and she hasn't called me since. i'm guessing she's doing much better now. most adults, i try to convert to linux so i can avoid getting calls every day for issues.

dundadundun

Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
hmmm... 4 actually seems like a lot to me, but i run that last to pick up on nasties the others miss, so maybe not. if you want, i'll put together a pdf file sometime in the next few days with instructions, graphics, etc. for everything i use and how to use them. it won't contain all the tweaks i usually do during install because all the machines i have already have them installed, but it should get you in the right direction for some pretty tough protection. MIGHT (no promises) just get you where you need to be with your sound, might not... but good to have anyway.

it's all free and it's about time i clean up the kids machines anyway, so it's just a little extra effort on my part.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store