Mono Sebaes FREE to a good home.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

olaf

AC Members
Jan 8, 2003
Visit site
I contacted the brother and talked.
He said it would take about 7 to 9 hours to get here in Michigan.
His concern was the long trip on the fish.
"Fish usually do not have a problem with a 4 hour trip, but 8 hours is a long time in a bag..."

His next concern is being stopped at the boarder.
Do you have any idea aboput the regulations on bringing fish over the boarder? I have no idea.

goldfish freak

AC Members
Oct 16, 2001
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I am not really concerned about the fish being in the bags that long because I am planning on packing them the same way that people that ship oversees do. I will put each fish in an individual bag, place a "Bag Buddies" tablet in each one and then fill the bag with oxygen, double bag it and place the bags in a box with styrofoam filling. About crossing the border, from what I know It is not a big deal if you contact the appropriate officials before hand and tell them you are taking fish across the border. Or you can simply conceal the box and not declare that you are transporting fish, many people have done it and have not had problems. I will call the appropriate officials and ask about the details involved. I will do this very soon, and let you know. Did you find out when he is planning on going to Michigan?

goldfish freak

AC Members
Oct 16, 2001
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
So he is planning on going very soon? Olaf, I called customs Canada and they told me that I need to contact customs in the US, since the fish are going into the US it is up to them if they will allow the fish across the border. I will contact them most likely tomorrow. I will get back to you with the details as soon I find out.

Last edited:

goldfish freak

AC Members
Oct 16, 2001
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Olaf, I just talked to the fish and wildlife inspector in Detroit. She told me that the person that will be receiving the fish(you) will need to contact her concerning the fish. She says that she needs details from you, concerning what you are plan to do with the fish, what border crossing you will be receiving them, etc. She also said that you will need to sumbit a fish and wildlife declaration form, for approval in order to receive the fish. She told me that it depends on the fishes country of orgin as to wether they will be allowed into the US. The inspectors number is: 734-247-6801. The web site where you can obtain the form is www.le.fws.gov , form # 3-177. Also to let you know, I asked the pet store where the fish were imported from and he said it was Singapore. This sure sounds like a pain to me. I hope everthing works out. Please let me know what you find out. Thanks.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store