My 30 gallon tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Update time. :) In the past 2 weeks, I got 2 new Amano shrimp, my Hygro and Cabomba grew alot, my Dwarf Harigrass is starting to grow again, I split an Anubias rhizome from the main one, and I put in a piece of wood I found in a river under my AC filter to disperse the flow. I also thought up of a way to get more CO2 diffused than only a CO2 ladder.

Amano shrimp hanging out on my Cabomba.

T-minus 10 seconds to launch.

One of two Amano Shrimp traded in from a huge stem of Pennywort.

Ghost Shrimp on anubias:

The same Ghost Shrimp decided my hand would be a place where he could find some food. Luckily, I had my camera right next to me at the moment.

View from the far right panel.

My Dwarf Gourami named Paul.

A Full Tank Shot.

My way of getting more diffusion from my CO2 ladder: After the CO2 bubbles have done it's thing going through the ladder, I noticed that not al of it gets diffused, so I found a little plastic funnel and I siliconed some tubing to it. The little bubbles that don't make it float up into the funnel, then take a ride to my Penguin's impeller chopping it up into about 200 bubbles the size of a period, giving them more surface area to diffuse in.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome, thanks for looking.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Hmm looks like a familar reseal job? :)

Tank looks amazing! You did a really great job on the tank itself and the aquascaping. I really like the flatback hex tanks, gives it such a nice look.

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
Beautiful tank! Your DG looks just like my late Johnboy......

Hungriee

AC Members
Jan 24, 2008
NYC
WOW tahts awesome job. I got a free tank the other day man its DIRTY, but ill hold it till its warm to clean it - Thats a great tank for $20.

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
Awesoem job man REALLY i wish you were near me to et me up a tank like this!

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Thanks for the comments everyone. Ever since I added the extra diffusion thing to my powerhead, my cabomba has been growing at about 1 inch a day and my Hygro shoots off another node of leaves every 2 days.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store