My 30 gallon tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Yes, I payed the guy $20 for the tank, he said it was dirty and in a weird shape wich is why he was selling it. I did send him an update picture, but that was in September, I'll send him another one right now. ;)

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Very nice job David! :)

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
I didn't realize someone had bumped this thread, now I feel special! Lots of things have changes in the tank, I built my own canopy with Daylight CFLs to get it up to 3 WPG, I got tired of the slow dwarf hairgrass and bought HC, I ripped out the hygro, I added a piece of wood and Rotala, and I got 4 more Amano Shrimp.

ANd about the original owner, I sent him an email with this picture, and he said that I have a designing ability like that of Mr. Amano. :D

golfproinlexky

Know just enough to be dangerous...
Dec 31, 2007
Kentucky
I just read this thread in its entireity, fantastic tank start to present! Do you mind sharing about your fert schedule? I also want an ID on the plant that is growing diagonally from the left center up toward the center? I had some once and could anchor it properly, you've used it perfectly!

Great job!

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
I just read this thread in its entireity, fantastic tank start to present! Do you mind sharing about your fert schedule? I also want an ID on the plant that is growing diagonally from the left center up toward the center? I had some once and could anchor it properly, you've used it perfectly!

Great job!
Thanks for reading this, I read it all the way through also and I can't beleive how bare it looked when I started. I use a gallon jar of DIY CO2 mix and diffuse it via a CO2 ladder and then into a powerhead that chops up the bubbles that make it through the ladder. I dose 2.5 ml of Seachem's Flourish every Wednesday and Sundays after a 30% water change. The plant that you're talking about is Pennywort, the one with the pale-green, wide leaves. I've found out that if I sink a leaf into the sand and cover it, it stays there rooted to the ground.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store